Tony Has to Make a Decision ( 7th month)

AN : Ugh only a few months until A4, JOSEPH, MARY JESUS HELLPP MEEE!!! 

Yeah before I have a death-line before A4 so it won't intervene with the MCU canon. 

But with school and work I just can't ugh! I've decided to dedicate this chapter on who is going                                      to be Morgan's godfather ( Trauma and heartwarming warning) 

                                                                             ENJOY  IRON-STANS! :)

________________________________________________________________________________

It was the middle of October in NYC. Tony was working at home in his all-new lab on a new device after he heard that S.H.I.E.L.D needed a way to detect alternate universes's abnormality, especially when they received a strange call from a certain : Charles Xavier, that claimed being in a similar universe with mutants who were needing help. (but that's another story)

Yet, this was hyper-confidential information from the government; but even tho Tony officially declared his retirement from Iron-man, he still stayed around the avengers if they ever needed a helping hand with gadgets and designs. 

Yet his wife was happy and proud of his decision, Tony still had Iron-man in his mind from time to time. I mean, he couldn't possibly forget all the trauma that came with it : The wormhole, his beef with Steve, being stranded in space, Peter... 

He also couldn't stop thinking of the innocents lives he could save if he carried on with being a superhero. Would it redeem himself from the horrible things he had done to the past? Redeem himself from his past bad habits and selfishness ? 

But Tony didn't want to have his wife and baby involved in his trauma ; so he pretended. Everyday he seemed like he was happy and didn't have any regrets with his decision. It wasn't until he made sure that Pepper was profoundly asleep that he would went downstairs, drink a little, wander around his Mark collection, and think a lot. 

He could sell them to kids organisation. Heck; sell the WHOLE lab if he could! But it felt unnatural, where would be the real Tony Stark? Yes, Ironman was horrible, but it was what made him whole for so many years, what was saving lives and raising hope in so many citizens. 

And on top of all that, The media was nowadays calling him weak, a Beta-male, because he abandoned his superhero profession for his wife and kid. Ridiculing him for wanting to become a stay-at-home father.

His ind was split into two. He always wanted to do what was the best. But he couldn't figure out id what he decided to do was right. 

It was one of those nights; Pepper decided to go to bed early and leave her work for tomorrow. Tony availed from this situation and decided to escape to his safe place in the basement. He stopped when he heard a familiar voice call his name :

- Tony? What are you doing? Are you okay? 

He turned around. He was shocked to see his best pal . 

- Ehh.. ok first of, how the fuck did you enter into my house without triggering any alarm? 

- LANGUAGE tony! You won't be able to curse anymore once she'll be born, y'know that? 

- and here comes Capscicle ... sighed Tony. 

James patted him on the shoulder chuckling. It was good to see him once again. He quickly showed him the ID card Tony lend him to enter his home; as he was one f the only persons he trusted in case of a emergency.

- Yup! Totally forgot that! stated Tony.

- It's been ages since you decided to isolate yourself in this house Tony! That's why I decided to plan ourselves a night at the city before the wedding comes! C'mon, You've got the next 18 years to come to stay at home, bud! But we should stay silent, Pepper won't know! joked James, excited.

- Well , let me dress first and then we can talk! Tony says as he climbs the stairs to find himself a nice suit

- Damn Stark, always so damn sassy. said James under his breath. 

Tony and James had a really good evening together. They shared their worries ( especially Tony) and James reassured him everytime since he was also a father himself. This time, Tony was happy. He had a trusting friend to converse to ; which he rarely had. 

- Rhodey, may I ask you favour?

-Uhm? he responded, looking at the streets lights that were surrounding them. 

- When Morgan comes,... w-would you like to become her god-father? 

James turned around in shock.

- Wait what, M-me!?! 

- Yes, I've deeply thought about it. I mean, you would be the best for her. You've showed me so much about life and i couldn't imagine my life without someone with so much common sense as you- 

Tony was quickly interrupted by a warm hug from the colonel. 

- Y-thank you so much Tony... I deeply appreciate.. I will be the best for her, promise! Rhodey murmured, deeply touched.

Tony patted him on the back. 

- It's not the time to get emotional buddy ! said Tony

- Yeah right! joked Rhodey. 

-No homo tho. responded Tony

they looked at eachother and bursted into laughter with tears, without giving care about the people around them that may think they would be crazy. 

Tony tried so hard to contain his laughter.

- W-where does it even come from!?! exclaimed Rhodes, laughing so hard that he got cramps.

- I don't know, but  I heared Peter saying this a lot ; it is a " hip" thing, isn't ? asked Tony, confused.

- Ooh brother, you've got a lot to learn! reassured Rhodey, putting his hand on his shoulder. 

And they carried on in the night laughing and having a good time until it was teh time for both of the men to come back home before the wives found out. 

Once home, James received a text message from Tony. 

-Thank you so much for the night, I needed it! -

he responded

-No, thank YOU for making me her godfather, I'll always remember that.- 

A few minutes later, he received another text from Tony : 

- "Lit"! We should "chill out" more often, "fam"! "no homo" tho ! haha "yeet"! ( fire emoji)

James sighed in exasperation. 

________________________________________________________________________________

DO NOT forget to leave likes, comments or criticism , I grandly appreciate ! 

Je vous aime ! ('ε` )♡

SAM.exe