Advanced Cognietrics

The Natures

Types with a Reasonable Referential Function or a Resolute Responsible Function are known as Associaters; they have extremely detailed ideas.

Types with a Resolute Referential Function or a Reasonable Responsible Function are known as Observers; they never lose sight of the "Big Picture".

The Characters

Types with a Curious Referential Function or a Serious Responsible Function are known as Reformers; they work from the bottom up for a justified cause.

Types with a Serious Referential Function or a Curious Responsible Function are known as Administrators; they work from the top down for maximum efficiency.

*Some say that the "Big Picture" is top down and the details are bottom up, however Quantum Theory has no "Big Picture" in the form of a coherent and accepted interpretation, though it is described from the top down using systematic controls; "Social Justice Warriors" work from the bottom of the social ladder up, but are rarely concerned with anything but the "Big Picture" - this may involve a policy that is hard to implement consistently.

The Inferences

Referential sensing and Responsible intuiting lead to Induction.

Referential intuiting and Responsible sensing lead to Deduction.

When you Induct you consolidate many Sensations and determine what you may actually iNtuit as a result. When you Deduce you consolidate many iNtuitions and determine what you may actually Sense as a result.

Induction reaches an abstract conclusion about multiple concrete categories using examples from those categories, leaving nothing to the senses for verification; it is used when making mental leaps.

Deduction reaches a concrete conclusion about multiple abstract arguments based on its relationships to those premises, leaving nothing to the imagination for verification; it is used when constructing sound arguments.

The Justifications

Referential thinking and Responsible feeling lead to Knowledge.

Referential feeling and Responsible thinking lead to Understanding.

When you define your Thoughts it is because you Know, when you employ them it is because you Understand.
When you define your Feelings it is because you Understand, when you employ them it is because you Know.

In this way, Thinkers progress from Knowing what their Thoughts are to Understanding what their Thoughts are, and Feelers progress from Understanding what their Feelings are to Knowing what their Feelings are. In addition, Knowing progresses from Thoughts to Feelings and Understanding progresses from Feelings to Thoughts.

Knowledge deals with specific facts, whereas Understanding deals with generalized comprehension.

Therefore,

in the end Thinking is when you Understand how to make use of Knowledge, and Feeling is when you Know how to make use of Understanding

and

Feeling uses the general to create the specific, and Thinking uses the specific to create the general.

*This occurs because the third Function is already somewhat accommodated along with the first Function due to the sharing of the primary exertion. Some teach incorrectly that Induction uses the specific to create the general, as in "this A is B, therefore all A are B", and that Deduction uses the general to create the specific, as in "all A are B, all B are C, therefore the next A will be B". However, Induction can use the general to create the specific, as in "all A have been B, therefore the next A will be B", and Deduction can even use the general to create the general, as in "all A are B, all B are C, therefore all A are C". Hence, in redefining these ideas, Cognietrics makes of itself a sort of epistemological treatise.

The Philosophy of Personas

The Justification and Inference apply to the Personas.

Thesis and Priority require Induction for classification and Knowledge for preventing inferiority.
Proof and Promotion require Deduction for differentiation and Understanding for matching ideas.
Research and Application require Deduction for differentiation and Knowledge for preventing inferiority.
Adaptation and Standardization require Induction for classification and Understanding for matching ideas.

The Values

The Values are based on Socionics, where they correspond to the "Quadra Values". They are called Curious, Serious, Reasonable, and Resolute. They are called the Values here because they are sought in an ideal partner (Relationships where both Values are shared are highly Rated at 10-13, if neither Value is shared the Rating is 0-3).

Each pair of Complementary Functions is assigned a Value, and is always found in either the Positive or Negative Attitudes.

The Resolute Functions, Scouting (extraverted sensing) and Statistical (introverted intuiting), Complement each other because it is easier to be showy if you know the probability of what you're showing. Resolute Types live strictly by their choices, and seldom change their minds. 

The Reasonable Functions, Counterfactual (extraverted intuiting) and Optimizing (introverted sensing), Complement each other because possibilities may not be worthwhile if they are not practical. Reasonable Types will often search for the best solution and will frequently change their minds as they consider new ideas, they also play devil's advocate.

The Serious Functions, Strategic (extraverted thinking) and Critical (introverted feeling), Complement each other because to calculate success for a tactic you must know its limits. Serious Types have a powerful connection to their interests and strive to be productive

The Curious Functions, Relating (extraverted feeling) and Ætiological (introverted thinking), Complement each other because it is easier to sympathize with people if you know the causes of their behavior. Curious Types have fun celebrating life and like to spread their mood contagiously.

Types that are Serious and Reasonable are known as Counselors.

Types that are Curious and Resolute are known as Advocates.

Types that are Serious and Resolute are known as Skeptics.

Types that are Curious and Reasonable are known as Negotiators.

You can't Negotiate with a Skeptic, and you can't give Counsel to an Advocate.

Some caution is advised - asking questions is not an indicator of being Curious, as different situations will necessitate different behaviors, but preferring to be around Curious Types is. The same is true for acting Serious, Resolute, or Reasonable.

Mindfulness and Preferences

Just because you are a certain Cognietrics Type it doesn't mean that you shouldn't be Mindful of the other Preferences.
You can be Mindful of Sensation by paying close attention to things in your immediate environment.
You can be Mindful of iNtuition by imagining where you plan to be in the next 5-10 years.
You can be Mindful of Thought by considering whether there are contradictions in your beliefs and how to deal with them.
You can be Mindful of Feeling by considering how to support the things that are most important to you.
You can be Mindful of Judgment by following your schedule and deadlines.
You can be Mindful of Perception by being aware of the way you operate and the way the world works.
You can be Mindful of Extraversion by listening carefully to what other people say and anticipating their needs.
You can be Mindful of Introversion by taking the time to relax and promote your own interests.