Pet on Lap

ngjsjdjsn this was a pop-up idea that i was inspired to write by Jiminie_Horangi so y'all go thank her-
also, cyber ops gus x obsidian blade alu yee t --
category: AU, drabble
word count: 889

It was always a clichè to have the rivals fall in love.  It was also clichè to add in "Who would've guessed it?" in there but, damn, Gusion did not expect it.  Alucard, the Obsidian Blade as he was dubbed, held the regimine basically opposite of his own.  While Gusion's troops were the ones to thin the enemy out, Alucard's were the ones who laid waste to them.  The two were always competing, always trying to outdo the other.  In the process, somehow, someway, feelings developed and it lead to a quite heated.. discussion that lead back to one of their rooms.  Their relationship had been kept hidden from the public--not even their superiors knew about it.  The two were happy with it that way and, plus, there was quite the risk to it as well.

Of course, it wasn't always about treading the boundaries of secrecy and seeing how far they could go before being found out all the time.  No, sometimes there were sweet times; half-asleep mumbled morning, surprise hugs from behind when the other was up doing something, or, like right now, cuddling.

Gusion had been sitting on the couch, green eyes non longer hidden behind his glasses as he read a book.  It dated back to the Pre-Technological Renaissance ages before humans advanced greatly in technology and unlocked thousands upon millions of new possibilities with technology.  Unfortunately, it wasn't paperback itself, just electronic, but it was still the same book with the same words all those years ago.  It was still quite entertaining, really, and Gusion was, for once, content with reading a book for once.  He'd been reading for what barely seemed much time when Alucard walked in, obviously tired and damn done with shit.  Gusion blinked, mind slowly shifting back to reality, away from the world the book had created.  How long had he been reading?  Hell, he lost track of time.  Nonetheless, he greeted Alucard, albeit a bit tiredly.  "Welcome back, babe."  Gusion was about to stand up and perhaps warm up some leftovers for the other when Alucard pressed a surface area on his armor, causing it to fold up on itself to reveal his clothes underneath while he walked the short distance to the couch and sat down on Gusion's lap, stretching out and leaning back so that he was comfortable.  A chuckle left Gusion and he couldn't help but let out a smile.  "Tired?"  He asked.

Alucard grumbled out an inaudible reply, shifting his position so that he was on his side, head nuzzled into the side of Gusion's neck, chin resting on top of the agent's shoulder.  Such earned another soft laugh from Gusion.

"I'll that that as a yes."  Gusion said, bringing up a hand to Alucard's thick black hair and running his hand through it, slightly playing with it.  He hadn't spent much time with Alucard lately, as the General had been off on missions more often than not lately.

"I'm gonna sleep on you."  The words were almost incoherent and laced with fatigue and if Gusion were to argue against it, he doubted Alucard would hear because the man would be fast asleep.  Not that he was planning on arguing it in the first place, though.  Gusion let out a content hum as a reply, going back to reading his book and idly playing with Alucard's hair as the other gradually fell asleep on him.

Time passed, and Gusion finished the book.  Turning off his device, he slightly shifted his position, a bit irritated at the tingling that came from his foot.  How bothersome.  Ah, but it wasn't like he could move--no, there no way in hell he was going to be moving while Alucard was sleeping on him like this.  Gods, the man was too adorable, sprawled out on him as he was fast asleep.  Jeez, is this what pet owners felt like when their animal was on their lap?  It must be.  Gusion absolutely could not be bothered to move, not with other on his lap like this.  He was starting to nod off as well when the buzzing from his arm startled him from his half-asleep state, a call from superiors.  He sighed a long sigh before he answered the call.

"Yeah?"  He drowsily answered, hoping his voice wouldn't wake Alucard up.

The all-too-familiar voice of his superior responded from the other end of the line, "Gusion, if you have the time, there is-"

"Sorry, can't." Gusion cut his boss off.  Now, usually, Gusion never refused a mission, never refused a chance to best Alucard.  But right now?  Alucard was sleeping on him.  Like a damn pet would.  Ah, shit, an excuse--fuck, he hadn't said why--"There's a pet on my lap."

The other end of the line was in shocked silence, and Gusion took a brief moment to try and comprehend his stupidity before hanging up on his very confused superior.  Well.  That was that.

Gusion glanced down at Alucard, who'd slightly shifted closer to him, still asleep.  Good.  Alucard really was like a pet, wasn't he?  Minus all the maintenance stuff, of course.  Gods, he was just adorable like this.  A soft smile appeared on his face and Gusion closed his eyes again, a content sigh leaving him as he fell asleep.