* drunken confessions

apparently i have another alusion book in my drafts????  i don't even know??????????  at least it gave me something to update wiTh-
category: drabble/almost oneshot
word count: 996

Perhaps there was a bit too much alcohol running through his system, perhaps there was a bit too high of emotions coursing through him, perhaps there was a bit too less of common sense in his brain right now.

Ah, who was Gusion kidding, he was drunk as all hell.  He knew he shouldn't have went to that bar, knew he shouldn't have ordered drink after drink, knew he shouldn't have brought his damned phone with him just in case he decided to be stupid like this.  He knew he'd regret it later--the hangover, the consequences, the embarrassment; the gods knew Gusion was going to embarrass himself in one way or another.  And, yet, he had still drank on, and basically had no grip on reality or common sense as he had picked up his phone and dialed Alucard after the bartender had told Gusion in a very kind way to 'fuck off you're too drunk'.  No, they hadn't said that, but a toned and dumbed down version of it so a drunkard could understand.  And, now, here he was, drunkenly waiting for Alucard to come pick him up, which didn't take to long.  His eyes lit up when he saw Alucard, a drunken grin appearing on his face as he somehow managed to stumble his way over to the other without falling.

"Alucard!  Hi!"  Gusion greeted with a happy demeanor, which suddenly changed to quite the opposite.  "I-I'm not--" A hiccup interrupted his words, much to his drunken annoyance.  "I'm not bothering you, right?"

A small frown appeared on Alucard's lips at his friend's sudden mood change.  "You're fine, no worries.  Let's just get you home, yes?"

Once again, Gusion's mood swung, that happy demeanor back upon learning he wasn't bothering the other.  He nodded enthusiastically, then wished he hadn't as a wave of nausea struck him.  Thankfully, no vomit came with it.  "Woo!  Home!"  He drunkenly yelled, a shit-eating grin on his face.

Alucard merely rolled his eyes, a sigh escaping his lips.  He could already just imagine how great the next few minutes with a drunken Gusion would be--please note the sarcasm.  With care, Alucard helped a stumbling Gusion walk out of the bar so he wouldn't fall and into the car before getting in himself and driving.  "So why were you drinking?"  He asked, sparing a glance at Gusion as he drove.

Gusion shrugged, not knowing the answer himself.  "Dunno.  Felt like--" Another damned hiccup interrupted his words.  "F-Fuck these hiccups!"  Gods, couldn't he say what he wanted without being interrupted by his own lungs for a damned sentence?!

Alucard chuckled at the drunkard's annoyance, finding amusement in Gusion's anger to his own doings.

A huff escaped Gusion's lips as he frowned, the annoyed look still on his face.

Soon enough, the two arrived at Gusion's apartment, Gusion heavily leaning on Alucard as he walked into his apartment, drunkenly enjoying the warmth of Alucard besides him.  Was it wrong for him to be enjoying this?  Oh, he could worry about it later when he wasn't drunk.  Slowly, the duo made their way up to Gusion's apartment, Alucard unlocking the door with a key Gusion had given him a while ago.  Of course, neither had suspected it'd have to be used in a situation like this, but such is such.

"Come on, now, let's get you to bed."  Alucard said as he walked Gusion in, closing the door behind him.

A childish pout formed on Gusion's lips and he up, away from Alucard's support.  "I'm not a child." He protested, earning another eye roll from Alucard.

"No, you're not, but you're drunk as hell and going to regret your stupidity come morning."  Alucard responded, raising a brow over at the defiant drunk.

"Getting drunk isn't stupid!"  Gusion retorted, pausing to think before exclaiming, "Confessing to you that I love you while drunk would be stupid and something I'd regret in the morning."

Alucard didn't respond, silent as he processed the information.  "Are you-"

"Oh-" A hiccup.  "Fuck." Gusion blinked, his drunken mind scrambling.  "You.. You aren't mad at me, right?  That I love you.  Oh, gods--please don't be mad.  I didn't--"

"Gusion."

Cut off from his rambling, Gusion blinked once again.  "Yeah?"

"Do you mean it?  Do you love me?"  Alucard's face showed no emotion, nothing to lead on if he was mad or not.  Even drunk, it made Gusion cringe at himself, break down a bit of his confidence from the alcohol running through him.

With what could only be described at stupid bravery, Gusion nodded.  "Yes.  I do.  I'm-"

Once again, Gusion was cut off by Alucard.  Curtly, he said, "Let's just get you to bed."  Without waiting for much of a response, he grabbed onto Gusion's shoulder and began pulling him to the bedroom.

"W-Wait!"  Gusion put his weight on his heels, forcing Alucard to stop walking unless he had to drag Gusion onto his bed.  Alucard stopped, looking back at the other.  "D-Do you..  Do you love me too?"

Gusion was met with silence again, and dread filled him.  Did Alucard not like him back?  Shit.  Had he just fucked up?  Had he just--

Finally, Alucard spoke.  "We'll talk about this in the morning when you aren't drunk, alright?" 

Gusion nodded, a smile appearing on his face.  Much to Alucard's relief, Gusion finally laid down onto his bed.  Alucard had turned to leave, but was stopped by a request.

"Could.. could you stay?  Until the morning."  Uncertainty appeared in Alucard's eyes, and Gusion added on, "Please?"

"..Alright." Alucard responded before laying down in bed next to Gusion.  A bit shyly, Gusion snuggled a bit closer to Alucard.  Finding no retaliation, he moved closer yet again, nuzzling into the crook of Alucard's neck, falling asleep soon after.

With a soft sigh, he lightly draped an arm around Gusion, a small smile alight on his face.  "I love you too, you drunken idiot."