All That's Left (1)*

welp. it's not the yandere chapter y'all wanted, sorry not sorry, but when a writing inspiration strikes you for an old idea you had when it's 2am, you write that stuff out. part two should be out soon, but don't count on my words pls skskksksk
category: series
word count:1075

Demon hunters were notorious for never giving up, known for their unbending iron will and their ability to still fight at full strength even close to death. Especially Alucard. Alucard was undefeatable, having never suffered one loss against filthy demons.

But now?

Now was different.

It was the ultimate battle: Light versus Dark, Abyss versus Moniyans. Is was an all out war, a bloodied massacre on both sides.

Light was supposed to win, light was supposed to triumph over the dark, but for every Moniyan soldier there was two, if not three Abyssal demons to oppose them. They were outnumbered and despite things going good at first, the two sides were neck in neck, each side so close to winning, so close to losing. The battlefield was littered with corpses, battles being fought on top of the dead. To fight, one had to be cold. One had to be ruthless. One had to not give mercy. And with all the killing that'd been done by both sides, it was easy.

As the days drew by, it became more and more obvious who was winning. Still, the Light fought for triumph, even harder than they had before. The tides were pushed back until.. until they weren't. Great heroes, such as Kimmy, Miya, and Lancelot lay dead. The Abyssal heroes trudged over their conquered bodies and continued forward.

Gusion knew if they didn't retreat, they would all die, and by the look on Tigreal's face, he seemed to know that as well. Yet, before Gusion could run over to him and ask for the next order, he charged into the battle, past the front line. A last stand. The Undead Knight, Leomord summoned his horse and ran toward him. Gusion swore, gaze desperately sweeping the area for any other Moniyan heroes that were still left, looking for last chances to save, last chances to face off defeat. Over the horde of demons, it was hard to see--there. Alucard was there, fighting, blood from what Gusion hoped wasn't himself covering him. The Demon Hunter was heavily surrounded, and with each swing of his sword Gusion could see the power draining from him. Would Gusion have enough time? There was only one way to find out.

Tightening his grip on his blade, he finished off the remaining few demons in front of him, using the few seconds before the next wave rushed upon him to make his way over to Alucard, hacking through demons as he went. He took some hits, but nothing too major, nothing that overrode the numbing adrenaline coursing through him right now. "Alucard!" He yelled out over the battle, near enough that the Demon Hunter could hear him. Gritting his teeth, he forcefully yanked out one of his daggers from the head of a demon where it was stuck. "We need to retreat! We can't win!"

Gusion could see Alucard's chest heaving with effort, and when he finished off the wave he'd cleared, the demon hunter turned towards Gusion. "If I must die, so be it. I refuse to retreat!"

Such glorious words spoken like a damn idiot!

"You suicidal maniac!" Gusion yelled, taking the short opportunity before the next wave came to walk up to Alucard. "Do you want your death to mean something or do you want to die in this losing battle?"

"I'd rather do that than run like a dog with a tail in between its legs." Alucard spat, bringing up a finger and pointing it onto Gusion's chest. Out of no where, an Abyssal soldier let out its screeching war cry, jumping onto Alucard's side with its rather small size, bringing up a dagger and shoving it down deeply into Alucard's right arm. "Fuck!" The hunter swore, the word barely out of his mouth before one of Gusion's daggers stuck itself into the soldier's head, instantly killing it. The knife stayed put.

"Do you think they'll write stories about you? Glorify you?!" Now, it was Gusion's turn to jab his finger into the other's chest. "They will write Epics based upon lies. They will reduce your name into nothing. They will make you a fool in your own death."

Alucard shook his head, teeth gritted. "I will fight until I.." Suddenly, he swayed, left hand reaching towards and grasping at the dagger residing in his right arm. Suddenly sluggish, he yanked it out. On it, Gusion could see a small, thin, empty indent running vertically down the blade. A poisoned dagger.

"Alucard. We need to--"

His words fell upon deaf ears as, nonetheless, Alucard switched his sword into his left hand, ready to attack another wave. Gusion swore. The small, if even there, possibility and chance for retreating was reducing by the second. Their lives were on the line and this imbecile--fuck. Gusion had to make a decision before Alucard went and got himself killed, the suicidal bastard.

Before Alucard could rush to meet the new wave, Gusion brought up the handle of his blade and slammed it into the back of Alucard's head with as much force as he needed to knock the hunter unconscious. Thankfully, it worked. Before Alucard could hit the ground, he caught the other's unconscious body, placing his blade's handle into his mouth in case he needed to quickly grab it. For now, though, he needed to run. Damn fast, too. Thank whatever gods up there that he excelled in speed.

For whatever Abyssal Soldiers that glimpsed the two, it must've been a sight. Gusion, with his small frame, looked like he wouldn't be able to hold up the very much larger demon hunter but, yet, he was.

Gusion didn't know where he was heading. All he knew is that he was heading somewhere that was as damn far from this place and the walls surrounding the Moniyan Empire behind it that we're bound to fall soon after this battle ended. He had no clue what had happened to Tigreal or the rest of the Moniyan heroes, but he hoped others were able to escape as well. Whatever chance of Light triumphing over the Abyss laid within their hands, and it would do no good if those hands were cold and still. Later, though, he could worry more about them and try to contact them. For now, he needed to find safety so he could treat his own wounds and Alucard's. And, hell, he was not looking forward to seeing Alucard wake up.