Proposal

some people are gonna wake up to this
category: oneshot
word count: 1628

Gusion was sitting down on a chair on the porch, absentmindedly watching the wildlife surrounding the house go about its day as an empty cup sat on the small table besides him.  Birds chirped, flying from tree to tree, a squirrel climbing up a tree, a rabbit eating some of thr forest's greenery.  All in all, the tranquility of the forest calmed him, just like Alucard did.  Alucard, though?  He was anything but tranquil.  He was a merciless demon killing machine that'd fought until his breath to kill demons.  He seemed cold and distant for many, but not for Gusion.  No, they had something different.  They'd fallen for each other, and Gusion had seen a different side of Alucard that nobody else would ever get to see.  The side of Alucard that could easily get flustered by the right choice of words.  The side of Alucard that would let Gusion cuddle up close to in bed and wrap a secure arm around before they slept.  The side of Alucard that would walk into the kitchen half asleep and hug Gusion from behind with a lazily mumbled greeting.  The side of Alucard that was so utterly capable of emotion, so utterly capable of love.

Gusion let the memories wash over him, a soft smile coming onto.  One that came almost immediately to mind, though, was how he got the ring on his finger.  It was a memory that always came up when he thought of Alucard now.  Closing his eyes, the memory washed over him as his fingers continued to toy with the ring.

-

There had been so many, too many.  Gusion wasn't supposed to be there, Alucard had even warded him off about it, saying that he wasn't going to bring Gusion to such a high level mission.  Did the mage listen?  No.  Of course not.  So, as Alucard left, Gusion had followed from a distance, and at one point to make sure Alucard didn't spot him, began to follow based just on the tracks the demon hunter left behind him.  Gusion could only now wish he hadn't.  When he arrived, the battle had already begun.  At first, it hadn't seemed like much, and Gusion had been scolding himself for following the demon hunter.  That was, until a next wave came.  Alucard already seemed a bit worn down, but he continued to fight--until the last one.  It landed a blow to the blonde's shoulder and easily knocked him down some meters away  to the side.  Alucard's curses were loud and Gusion couldn't understand why until he looked a bit more at the wound from his concealed place.  Acid, it looked like, was sizzling at the demon hunter's skin, not seizing to a stop at all.  Mentally, Gusion swore and finally came out of his concealment, rushing towards the unsuspecting demon.  With his speed and the element of surprise, it was an easy kill. 

With the demon dead, Gusion prepared himself for a lecture by Alucard, biting the inside of his cheek as he turned to face Alucard.

The sight he saw was one that still vivid in his memory.

Alucard's skin tone had had turned impossibly pale, and the veins visible on Alucard's exposed shoukder were a cloudy black color.

"Alucard?"  Gusion asked, his throat tightening at the sight, body frozen in place.

"Fuck."  There was pain in Alucard's voice, a tremendous amount of it.  Yet, there was also fear, a tremor of it within his voice, something Gusion had only heard once by Alucard before in his life.

Broken from whatever spell that had rooted him to his place, Gusion rushed over to Alucard's side.  "Poison?"  He quickly asked, barely waiting for the nod of approval from Alucard before he started to talk again, "What's the antidote?  There's a lot of plantlife around, there might be some herbs.  And the nearest settlement is-"

"There is no antidote."

Gusion paused, breath catching in his throat as he looked down at Alucard.  The veins in his lover's neck were starting to become visible, the black creeping upwards like the front of an oncoming storm.  Adamantly, Gusion began to shake his head.  "No.  There's an antidote, there has to be.  Here, left your arm around my neck so I can-"