VII.

VII. THE DREAMWORLD

Calypso laid limp on the cold, hard ground. Her breath spiked every time she tried to move, feeling the numbness of her muscles, making it difficult to lift her head.

The magic surrounding Calypso wasn't hers; no, it belonged to this world. That's what's making her weak, draining her of every last power she had within.

"Aw. Are you still feeling drained old daughter? You know this was what it felt like for me. Having you, having my birthright ripped away from me, and having to share the power of a God with a child. Huh, maybe I should have just killed you when you came out of your mother." 

Calypso turned to sneer at him, but she came up short, having restrictions on facial expressions. She had to get out of there fast. Enchantress looked around, trying to find an opening to escape,  but with her power being drained, she can only see the magic circling and the man holding her captive. 

"Why don't you just shut the hell up already and make this as quick as you can." Calypso sneered with the limited strength she had, feeling the drowning effect of this frightening and horrendous place of The Dreamworld. If it was any consideration for Calpsyo, she visited this place in her dreams far too often for her liking. But she knew this time was the real deal. It was judgment. It was her home long before she became Calypso, long before she became Enchantress.

"This is boring, dear daughter. How about you give up your life now so I can go back to sucking the magic out of other users in this world. So, what would it be, dear child? Why not just confess, and we can make the torture long and magnificent for me?" His eyes gleamed the brightest red Calypso has ever seen on a magic-user. 

To think this man once had promised Calypso the world in her hands, protection from evil, and wanted to be there for their family, but turned out to be one of Satan's guard dogs of The Dreamworld. 

The Dreamworld is similarly the world where humans go when they sleep, but a place where magic users come for judgment. Every magic-user must have a motive for their magic uses. When they turn the ripe age of 17, they declare a significant change of heart without noticing it at the time. They feel this over-whelming force trying to claw its way out of their heart and into the sky. The change of heart is the motive to keep the magic flowing through their veins. 

And if they don't fulfill their motive by the 1,000-year mark, they are forced into judgment by their own will. They must state their case on why their motive has not been complete yet, or they must show it within themselves when they are taken in judgment. If they show they have not completed their objective or motive, they are turned into soul-less magic users, work under the God of the Underworld, and are worked to death. 

In Calypso's case, she still had another 200 years before her judgment. This is why she couldn't understand why the God of the Underworld took her to The Dreamworld before her time is up; until she saw who is guarding the path to The Dreamworld, her own father. The man who abanded her mother and her for magic expansion, to become the strongest magic user than any other the world has ever seen. But in his blindness fury for strength, Calypso's magic became her own. A magic that has not been seen in millenniums. Pathetic human and power-hungry magician brought life a being so emotionally powerful; they kept her a secret.