Chapter 2

It has been 11 years since Maria has been placed with the Weasley's care. She indeed is a lovely young girl. She had long dark red hair with purple eyes. She was far standing from the Weasley's especially growing up around so many boys and one girl. Maria would sit with Ginny and play with dolls she also shared a room with Ginny as well.

Letter's arrived from Hogwarts. The Weasley's and Maria grabbed their letters. Maria read her out loud. " Aunt Molly, What is Hogwarts." Maria asked. " Why my dear it is a school that your older cousin's go to." Molly said. " Oh so kind of like a boarding school." Maria said. " Yes dear just like that." Molly said. Ron looked over at her. " Don't worry Maria with all us Weasley boys no one will hurt you." Ron said. " Well it looks like we have some school shopping to do." Molly said.

The lot headed to Diagon Alley there they saw a lot of the students shopping around for their school supplies. Maria got separated from them and went into the book shop. She looked around at all the books. Snape saw the little girl that was once a baby. " Are you lost there little one." Snape said. Maria looked up and saw what looked like a 6 foot tall man dressed in black. " Hello I don't think I am lost but, I don't know." Maria said. Snape offered his hand. " I am not suppose to be talking to strangers." Maria said. He looked down at her level. " Well Miss my name is Professor Snape." Snape said. " My name is Maria Laveau." Maria said. " Now let us go and find your Aunt." Snape said. " How do you know who I was here with." Maria said

Molly looked around frantically trying to find Maria. Then Snape came up to Molly. " I believe you are missing someone." Snape said. He let go of her hand. She sat there and looked to make sure Maria was fine. " Young lady, don't ever do that again, you understand." Molly said. " Yes mam." Maria said looking down at her feet. " She has grown quickly I see and has an appetite for books." Snape said. " Yes Severus she has she will be at Hogwarts with Ron and the others." Molly said. Snape bid his farewell and went on his way.

Back at the Burrow Molly helped get the children ready for Hogwarts. She made sure laundry was done and that all was needed to be done. She knocked on Maria and Ginny's door. " Are you already Maria" Molly asked. " What if they don't like me." Maria said. " Don't worry dear they will love you. Now get to bed dear." Molly said. Maria laid her head down and went to sleep.

The next morning Molly took the lot to the train station. With Percy, the twins, Ron, Maria, and Ginny at toe they send Percy thru the gate. Then Fred and George, Ron then Harry came up and asked to get on the platform. After Harry went Ron and Maria was next. After all the Weasley kids along with Maria went on to the cars. Ron ventured off on his own. Maria stood close to her cousins.

Percy looked at Maria and told her that she will need to change. She got dressed and then went and sat back down. Once they got to the station Maria was lead out of the train. She was about to follow Percy. " No Maria you go with Hagrid." Percy said. She went over to the giant man carrying the lantern. Maria followed the giant man and went on boats across black lake. They got up to the castle and up to the Great Hall to a women dressed like a witch. She was talking till Neville's frog interrupted her. She went back into the door and Draco Malfoy went up to Harry Potter and started to talk to him. After that was all said and done. Minerva pulled them into the great hall.

Following her up to the stage and then hearing Dumbledore speak. They were going to be sorted into their houses. Maria was looking on as Ron was sorted into his house then her name was called. " Maria Laveau" Minerva said. She walked up on to the stage and then sat on the chair. The hat also had a difficult decision. " Hmmmm another difficult decision. This power deep inside you can be manifested into something with the help of Slytherin but, your blood line is Gryffindor. So what to do with you. Lets see how about GRYFFINDOR." The sorting hat said. She went over and sat next to Percy. They sat then the food had pop up on their plate. Maria ate and Percy made sure that she ate enough.

Once the dinner was done it was time to take the students up to their dorm rooms. There they were able to sit and talk. Maria went up to her dorm and saw the bed. She was sharing a room with Hermione and the Patil twins. They got ready for bed. Maria fell asleep quickly.

They got a lot going on the morning they got to potions class and as Snape gave his speech in class and so on. He looked up at Maria. He had an assignment that they needed to write on the board. Maria wrote her assignment and handed it in to him along with Hermione.

The school year went fast Percy, Ron, The twins, and Maria all stayed behind during Christmas Ron's parents went to see their son Charlie. They had their Christmas their and opened their gifts. Maria got a sweater that had an M on it. After Christmas they had their finals and then it was time to go back home. After their last train ride they went home. Molly and Arthur was waiting to get their trunks and all. Harry went back home. They all went back to the burrow as they get ready to have their summer.