Chapter 8

During the summer Maria life was in danger. Ministry had got word that another kidnapping was going to take place two aurora's and the ministry had came to Arthur and Molly's house. Arthur heard a knocked at the burrow. He opened the door and saw Kingsley at the door. " Arthur, Molly I am here on official business." Kingsley said. Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Ginny was listening downstairs. " What is the ministry doing here." Maria said. " It could be for any reason." Ron said. " We have word that there is going to be another kidnapping attempt on Maria." Kingsley said. " What can we do to help" Arthur said. " Well Severus had came up with an idea, I know you will not like it Molly but, his idea was to be engaged to Maria." Kingsley said.  " No, She is just a girl." Molly said. " I think it would be the possible way Molly." Arthur said. " Oh come Arthur are you sure about this." Molly said. " If you agree then you and Severus have a lot to talk about. " Kingsley said. Maria ran to her room and slammed the door. The ministry knew she heard them. " Molly go up and talked to her." Arthur said.

Molly went upstairs and knocked on her door. " Maria can I come in." Molly asked as she opened the door. Maria was crying on her bed. " Well I take it you heard everything." Molly said. " Yes" Maria said talking into her pillow. " Maria I can't hear you with your head in the pillow." Molly said. Maria lift her head up. " Aunt Molly it was only suppose to be a betrothal, nothing was said about an engagement. " Maria said " Yes I know dear but, if Professor Snape seems to think this is the best way to keep you safe then this is going to be the safest way." Molly said. " Would this lead to marriage tho." Maria asked. " Eventually but, I don't think it will happen." Molly said. Maria smiled. " It will be fine sweetie I promise." Molly said and kissed her on the forehead.

Snape appirated to the burrow. He knocked on the door. Arthur answer it. " Ah Severus what brings you here." Arthur asked. " I wanted to talk to Maria if I can." Snape asked. Molly came over to the door. " I think it is better if you do. She needs reassurance." Molly said. " I think I can over that." Snape said. Snape went upstairs to Maria's room. He knocked. " Maria can I come in." Snape asked. Maria opened the door. She was on fire but, not enough to cause anything to burn.  Maria sat on her bed with her head looking down at the ground. He sat on her bed with her. " I know this is not what you wanted but, it is the only way for me to protect you." Snape said. " What happens then if he is gone." Maria said. "Then that is it. I never told you this but, you have to swear to me that if I tell you have to keep it a secret." Snape said. " Okay" Maria said. Snape took his arm out of his robes and then unbutton his sleeve he pulled up his sleeve revealing the dark mark. " I am double spy." Snape said. Dumbledore and the ministry know everything that show they know the attempt to kidnap you. In the death eaters they have a code. If someone is taken then that person belongs to them. They are willing to share but, only if the person allows it. I will never allow it because I don't believe in sharing." Snape said.

She looked at him on her bed. " So how is this suppose to work then am I going to be in my house still, will I be somewhere else." Maria said. " Well I think that you should be in my quarters with me but, if you wish to remain in your dorm then I will not have a problem with it." Snape said. " So what else is there a matter of discuss. What about ummmm." Maria said. " That will stay the same again I will not make you do something that you do not want to do but, to keep appearances I would like for you to at least sleep in my quarters on the weekends." Snape said. " I can manage that." Maria said. " Other than that we will have to see what we can do." Snape said.

Snape left the burrow. Maria sat on her bed and thought. "So how is this going to go again." It was getting close to school time. Maria and the Weasley's are getting ready to go. The only three left with hermione and Harry head to the train station. For Maria's protection Snape had decided to ride the train with her. They arrived and Snape was there waiting. Arthur and Molly gave everyone heading to Hogwarts a hug and everyone headed on the train. Maria and Snape went to the teachers cart and he sat down with Maria. She grabbed a book and started to read. Snape did the same. Thru the whole train ride they had read a book. Once they got to Hogwarts they then went into the school and got ready to head to the great hall.

Everyone was seated and announcements were made to the switching of teachers. The question would be is what would happen on the weekends with him. Snape was excited he got the position that he wanted and was ready to fulfill it. The week of classes was stressful Maria couldn't handle what was all going on at once. Slug horn had never seen a fire witch before and was glad to have one in his classroom. Friday night had came and Maria packed for Snape's. Minerva didn't agree with this at first then she realized that it will help with Maria better. She grabbed what she need and headed down to his quarters. Snape and Slughorn agreed that the quarters didn't really need to change. Maria knocked. Snape opened and let her in. She sat her stuff down in his room next to his dresser. They went to supper and then went back to his chambers. There they sat and read a book.

He looked over at her. Her long hair down to her back and her purple eyes staring into the pages. He bent over and kissed her on the cheek. " Professor," Maria said before being interrupted . " Severus" Snape said. " Severus, can I ask you a question and you be completely honest with me." Maria said. " yes, I can." Snape said. " Are you falling for me." Maria asked. " A little" Snape said. Maria stared back down into her book. " Well that is good cause I am starting to fall a little for you two." Maria said. He looked back up and she smiled. She closed her book and she laid on him. He took his hand and felt her beating heart as he read. Could it be that his heart is opening up. Maria was getting sleepy so they called it a night. They went to his bedroom together. Maria and Snape undressed and got ready for bed. Maria turned as Snape got ready for bed to make sure she didn't see anything. After he was done. Snape turned and looked away as Maria got ready. She got under the covers and told him she was done. She had a spaghetti strap shirt on with her underwear. She laid away from him he turned on his back and pulled her close to him. " It gets cold at night and your body warms faster than mine." snape said. " Gee I fell so much better." Maria said. Snape laughed and they both feel asleep.

During the weekend she got to know Snape more and more and he got to know her more and more. She finds him fascinating. He helped her with more of her power to control it. One weekend while she was staying with him. Maria had a really bad nightmare. She woke up and looked around she pulled the covers back and saw that her brand was bleeding and that her skin was red. She ran to the bathroom and started to take a shower. Snape woke to the sound of water running. He sat up and saw that Maria was gone out of bed. He went to the bathroom and said her name. " Maria are you alright." Snape asked " No" Maria said. " I can I come in" Snape said. "NO" Maria said " I can help" Snape said " Okay" Maria said. He opened the shower curtain and saw what she was happening to her. He took off what he had one and jumped in with her. The shower was cold so he turned it on a better tempeture. He turned her around and grabbed her hands. " Maria look at me" Snape said. She lifted her head off her knees. She was crying. " It will be okay for as long as I am here no one will ever hurt you." Snape said. Her body started to relax it's self to were she returned to her normal color. He helped her out of the shower and helped with the brand on her thigh. They went and laid back down for the rest of the night he held her close and never let her go.

The school year went by fast it was getting close to going home. One night Severus sat Maria down onto his couch. " Maria I have to do something and you may not like this cause it will affect you to." Severus said. " What is it." Maria asked. " I have to kill Dumbledore and this will cause me to turn on the ministry tremendously it would affect you too cause after it is done I will have to come with me so nothing can happen. Once this is done that means Miko can come after you and I don't want you hurt. You will still be able to be with your family but, once they try to apprehend Harry then your family has been advise to send you to Hogwarts I will have myself there to escort you. While you are at hogwarts you will be staying with me." Snape said. " I am scared what if he comes after me." Maria said. " He won't the dark lord has made sure of it." Snape said.

The day had come and Snape went on with the plan. Maria and the other Weasley's took the children home for the rest of their summer. Maria's life was about to change.