Chapter 3

During the summer Maria had a weird feeling in her hands. They were hurting and hot. She kept scratching at them. She also developed a fever as well. Molly was concerned. The doctor wasn't doing much to help so she contacted someone who would help.

Snape showed up at the Burrow. She called Maria down. " Maria, hold out your hands." Molly said. Snape looked at them. He noticed the redness in her palms. He pushed down on them but, pulled his hand back cause of them being hot. " Molly can I take Maria back to my house for a moment to run a few test." Snape asked. "Of course just have her home before dinner." Molly said. Molly handed Maria some gloves and Snape grabbed her hand.

They appirated out of the burrow and into Spinner's end. They walked down the street. Maria stopped at a house next to Snape's. " This house looks familiar why." Maria said. " I will explain it when you are older come along dear." Snape said. He brought her back into the house and down his lab. She sat on the stool and he pulled out a book. He grabbed her hand. He took a knife and cut her finger. " Ow what the." Maria said. It healed it's self. Maria couldn't believe it. Snape looked around for a phlebotomy kit. " Maria, I am going to take some blood." Snape said " UH I don't feel comfortable about that." Maria said. " Your afraid of needles aren't you." Snape asked. Maria looked down and said yes.

Snape looked up at her and said " Closed your eyes and think of something really happy." Snape said. Maria closed her eyes and thought of something that made her happy. Snape took the needle and took her blood. After he was done he bandage her arm and took some stuff. He read his book and put drops in each vials of blood. One came out something she never saw. " Ah ha." Snape said. Maria looked up at him. Well I think I found out what is wrong and we must go and tell your aunt." Snape said.

Snape took Maria by the hand and appriated back to the burrow. Maria and him walked thru the door. " Well what did you find out." Molly asked. " Maria has a power to were eventually she will make fire. Her fingers have healing powers. I don't really have a name for it but, there is nothing I can really give her to help. All I can suggest is fingerless gloves." Snape said " Thank you Snape." Molly said.

The time to got back was near. Maria had a talent that she didn't know what it was. She would get to know more of it as the time goes. One day Maria was feeling ill during class. Snape could tell she looked pale and was sweating. Maria stand up. " Professor I don't feel so." Maria said as she feel to the floor. Snape shouted class dismiss and scooped Maria up in his arms. He took her to the hospital wing and yelled for Poppy. She felt her head. " She has a fever." Poppy said he pulled up her hands they were bright red. " Severus what is going on with her." Poppy said. " I don't know it could be part of a something effecting her body. " Snape said. " Do you think I should keep her overnight and tried to bring her fever down." Poppy said. " I wouldn't see a problem with it." Snape said.

He looked over at Maria. " Let me know when she is alert and awake." Snape said. Poppy shook her head and Snape left. Overnight Maria was dreaming. Maria was dreaming of the time that her parents were killed. Maria looked on as her mother was saying words to her then put her under the floor boards. Maria heard screams then thud and woke instantly. She was still not feeling well she looked around and saw a hospital room and went back to sleep.

The next morning Poppy felt her head. Her fever had went down. Maria started to wake up. " What the...Where am I." Maria said. " Your in the hospital wing dear. Seems you fainted in Professor Snape's class." Poppy said. " Oh, What did I miss." Maria said. Poppy smiled. " I have to let Professor Snape know that you are up." Poppy said. Maria leaned back on the bed and stared off into space. Moments later Snape arrived and Poppy escorted him over to her. " Maria are you alright." Snape asked. " Yeah I just don't know what had happened is all." Maria said.

The school year went by fast. They boarded the train back to Hogwarts. Maria was excited to see what was going to happen this summer.