Chapter 5

During the summer Maria kept in contact with Professor Snape. She wrote him to asked questions on some stuff it took him awhile to respond but, he got to her. Arthur came home and called the kids down. " Weasley's I have tickets to the qudditch world cup. I even have some for Hermione and Harry if they wish to go." Arthur said. They were excited for the week to come.

It was Saturday which was the day. Molly had sent Hermione to go and wake the lot she knocked on Fred and George's door then Ginny's and Maria's. She got to Harry's and Ron's room. Hermione woke Harry up. They went downstairs but, Ron was asleep. Hermione tried again. Then Maria walked in. " Hey Hermione having trouble." Maria said. " Yeah seems lazy not moving." Hermione said. " Okay Ron you want to play lets play." Maria said. She grabbed Ron's foot and got her hand hot and put it against his foot. Before long Ron jumped up and was trying to stomp out the fire he felt in his foot. They all laugh. " As Miss Hermione was saying it is breakfast time and Aunt Molly wants you." Maria said crossing her hands. They all got out of his room and he went downstairs.

After they were all dressed and clothes packed for the overnight trip they headed out of the house. Molly kissed each one of her kids. Before calling Maria. " Maria " Molly said. " Yes mam" Maria said. " You got everything gloves" Molly said. " Yes mam." Maria said. Molly gave her a kiss and hugged her before she ran to caught up with the others. There she caught up with the bunch and walked behind. " Maria, do you know anything on what is going to happen this year." Hermione said. " I am not sure Hermione, Professor Snape hasn't said much. I really try and not write him too often cause he has been busy making potions for Madam Pomfrey and all." Maria said. She walked up to Fred and George. George wrapped his arm around her and held her close. They got to the halfway point Arthur apoligize for the late start. Then Cedric popped out of the tree.

They got to the portkey they were transported to the quid ditch world cup. They found their tent and went in. They gathered up to their seats. The Malfoys were there. " Is this your niece Arthur what are you doing multiplying". Lucius said. Maria took their gloves off. Arthur grabbed her and George pulled her away. They got to the bleachers and watched the game. After the game they returned to the tent. Harry, George, and Fred were making fun of Ron. Arthur heard some commotion outside and had everyone leave the tent. The Deatheaters were burning all the tents. Maria ran one way while the others ran a different way. Maria got to the tree line and was grabbed by a death eater. He took off his mask. " Hello dear finally we met." Miko said. He pushed her up a tree facing behind her. She turned around and left a burning hand print on his face.

He bend down holding his face. The sear mark on his face was red hot. Maria saw her time to run. He grabbed her by the hair and pulled her down. He took his knife from his pocket and slashed his initials into her back in big letters. Maria screamed as the knife digged into her. She set the ground on fire causing him to get away from her. She then ran as far as she could. She felt the blood pouring from her back. She found Arthur and ran to him. Arthur held on to her till he seen his hands. He looked on her back and saw the initials. He took the lot home. They held a towel on to her back till the get into the house. Molly saw what was going on and told them to lay her on the couch.

Molly sent an owl to Snape and he came right over. He saw the marks on Maria's back. He saw the markings. " Well who did it Severus." Molly said.  " By the initials carved in her back I say it was Miko Aries who did it." Snape said. Molly held the towel to her back as she laid face down with her face looking out. " What do you think we should do." Molly asked. " Well Poppy is going to have to sew the wounds up cause they are deep and won't stop bleeding. I can give her something to help with the pain while she is doing it." Snape said. Snape got a hold Poppy to come over the burrow. Maria isn't like this idea. Snape gave her some pain potion to help with the deep cuts in her back. Snape sat and held her hand. She still felt the pain of the stitches being sewn in her back. He helped her thru it by thinking of something else.