The Perfect Set of Twins

I once knew the perfect set of twins. They dressed alike, thought alike, and you could never see one without the other. I met them when I was seven years old. They were two cute five-year-olds who thought it would be a good idea to mess around in the older kids' part of the playground.  You had to be at least in the first grade to be socially accepted there, and honestly, even then it was scary.

The big kids' part of the playground had better equipment, no bad chalk drawings, and unfortunately, you could tease people there and get away with it. The guys in my class were teasing me for 'looking like a girl.' I had chubby cheeks, a shy look about me that was typical for girls to have. But, I was a boy. A very sensitive one, too.

"Why don't you wear pink like the other girls?" They taunted. I said nothing; I looked down.

"Come on," said one of the particularly mean older kids. "Let's rough him up a bit, then maybe he'll man up!"

They were about to come at me, and I raised my palms to my face, defending my face from their blows.

Their blows never came. I slowly lowered my hands to see a small, five-year-old... no, I wasn't seeing double, there were two of them. One of them wore a white shirt tucked into his jeans, and the other a black shirt. The one with the white shirt was shouting at them, and the one in the black was cracking his knuckles. No, she was cracking her knuckles, and he was lecturing them. The boy in the white shirt was about to get grabbed by the collar of his shirt, but he didn't even flinch. The girl moved up toward the one that had moved to grab him and reaches up to the guy's hair.

"Now, you listen here," She says in her high voice. It was naturally high, but not panicked. "You keep your ugly, filthy hands off my brother. And," she yanks his hair and pointed to me. "Pick on someone your own size. We're all obviously younger than you, so leave this guy alone. He might look a bit girlish right now, but when he grows up, he's definitely going to be better looking than you." She slaps him forcefully, and the kid is about to attack one of them when a teacher comes in and the girl starts to cry.

"Leave us alone!" She whimpers. She turns and hugs her brother's shoulder, and I hear him sniff.

"Now look what you've done to her! Come on, stop crying," He hugs her tightly and sniffs again glaring at the shocked older kid who is being scolded by the teacher, Mrs... I forgot her name, but she dragged him away by his ear.

The two turn around grinning. "I'm Jungkook!" Says the boy. "And this drama-queen," he says, hugging his sister with an arm around her shoulders. "Is my twin sister, Jung-Ji. Are you okay?"

I smile at the two. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you. I'm Jimin. Thanks for saving me from them."

They grin brattily again before Jungkook turns to Jung-Ji. "Yah! What was all that about Jimin-Hyung being better looking when he grows up?"

She blushes a bit and looks at me. "I was insulting the meanie, and do you disagree? Look at him!"

The two turn to look at me, and Jung-Ji bores into my eyes. I blush at the attention. "Y-Yah! Quit staring." I mumble weakly.

Jungkook and Jung-Ji shake their heads unanimously and blink. 'Cute,' I think and smile at them. They smile again, and they each grab one of my hands and pull me up from my place on the ground. Jungkook sits on the ground to let Jung-Ji climb onto his shoulders. He teeters a bit and I stop the two from going any further.

"Here," I make Jungkook sit down again, and sit down myself so Jung-Ji can climb. Her mouth forms a little 'o' and she smiles at me gratefully before climbing onto my shoulders, her legs dangling from my shoulders.

She hugs my head and Jungkook whines. "Come on, I deserve a lift, once in a while, too."

"Hyung will give you a ride next time, Jungkook."