Break's Over

I casually walk into the building with my brothers and boyfriend. My still red hair's up in two pigtails on the sides since it's cut short, and I briefly wonder if the warm, confident feeling in me is what it's like to feel loved before I dismiss it with an internal 'duh.' Classes don't start for another forty five minutes, so I decide to feed my inner nerd by going to the library. I take Jimin with me since he has to return a book for a class. He goes to the front desk and I wave at him on my way to the philosophy section. I grab a random book that I can reach and put in my headphones before heading to the corner of the library that's quiet and has sofas and chairs.

"Hmm..." a contented sigh escapes my nose as I snuggle into a sofa and flip to the first page to f the book. It's not even five minutes before I'm twenty pages in and utterly hooked to the captivating words like a fish to a line.

"Oh, and look who I've found." Says an unwelcome but familiar voice. I ignore it and flip the next page before Minjae (the owner of said voice) approaches me again and takes it out of my hands beyond my reach. He pulls my headphones out and I pause Jeon Jung Ji. How's the Bangtan life been treating you?"

"Good, not that your pointy nose would know despite sticking itself into everyone's business. Well, I guess it isn't so pointy since the last time I punched you, but you know what I mean." He had quite the bruise still on his face. Minjae rolls his eyes and takes a seat on the left of me, peering down at the book he stole from my hands.

"What page were you on?" He asks, flipping through it. His actions and words are casual, as though we were classmates that used to be friends but grew differently in the grand scheme of things. As though he hasn't tried to beat me to a pulp against a wall, as if I wasn't the reason his nose was an ugly shade of purple right now. But I knew better. That's just like him, to hide his aggression for when he could actually use it against someone. He liked to weaken his victims, then destroy them. It made him satisfied, somehow, when he could see a person made into little more than a mess in front of him. It made him satisfied when he could see his art.

That's not to say he isn't aggressive, though. I usually confront him, but now all I can think about is what makes him like this. "Minjae, why are you the way you are?"

He blinks and looks at me. "Elaborate."

"Why do you bully people, why do you like the idea of destroying others, why are you so mean?" I ask bluntly. "You weren't born evil."

He scoffs. "According to Hobbes, I was."

"According to Rousseau, you weren't. But Rousseau's too idealist, so according to Locke, something's going on." I press.

"Rousseau and Locke were wrong." He slams the book shut and hits it against the table. "You are wrong." He stands up and turns around. I grab the book again and begin the reading, highly conflicted. Suddenly, he's by me again, holding his arm against both armrests of my sofa so that I'm trapped against the sofa. I look up to him, surprised but dully glaring at him. "Don't test me, Jeon Jung Ji. You weren't safe before and being part of Bangtan's 'family' doesn't change your status for me."

"Yours is the same for me, too. I'm not getting ahead of myself, I'm purely curious as to why you're like this." He leans in to study my eyes further.

"Hey! Get off her!" Shouts Jimin, coming closer to yanking him off me. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, it's fine. Let's go." I say, handing the book back to Minjae. "Read it. It's Locke's Theory explained for high schoolers to understand better." I see him roar as we walk away and throw the book on the ground. Before we the corner, though, he picks it up again. And sits down at the sofa to understand as much of it as he can before his first class.

#########***#########

"Break's Over, beachballs." Jokes my Track Coach in his deep, Aussie-Surfer type accent. He isn't Aussie, or a surfer, but his outgoing but laid back personality made him my favorite track coach. And my favorite English teacher. "No, but seriously, what did you guys do over the weekend?" He Asks. Obviously, he didn't ask the entire team, just the hurdlers. The team I was on.

"I slept, I ate, and binge-watched Blue Exorcist." Says one guy.

A girl pipes up, "I went to New York to visit cousins."

Soon, everyone's talking about what they did over the break. "What about you, Jung Ji?"

"Oh, I met my dad for the first time and stayed at my half brother's house with some friends." I say, stretching my legs. "And my boyfriend."

"That's right," says Ji Na, a supportive, social girl on the team. "You recently learned you were Min Yoongi's half sister. And I can't believe I never guessed you were Jeon Jungkook's twin. Does that mean Jungkook and Yoongi are siblings? Weren't they close to begin with?"

"Yeah, they were. We've cleared up all that drama from earlier, though, so it's all good. JK and Oppa are only related through me. I'm a... I'm a weird case."

Ji Na's friend, Hyuna, nods and then stops. "Did you say boyfriend?"

The girls all gather around me. "Who is he?"
"What's his name?"
"Have you kissed?"
"How's you meet?"

A couple of the curious guys ask, too. "Damn, really?"
I swear I heard a faint, "I'm too late?"
"We all are, I guess."
"I hope he treats her well."

The hurdling section of our track team only has a few people. Ji Na, Hyuna, Hae Ryung, and Hannah, and myself for the girls, and Woo Jin, Kyung-Shim, and Hyung-Joon for the guys. Well, there's more, but these are the ones that only do hurdling and not other events. There's people who do hurdling and other events like Jav or Disc, so we don't see them as often as we do each other.

"His name is Park Jimin. I met him when we were kids, and he moved and just recently moved back. We have kissed, but not like that, you thirsty hoes," I snicker at the laugher I've gained from the comments. "He treats me like a person, you know? Like he gives me space; we aren't clingy. But he supports me in everything I do and everything that happens and we love each other very much."

"Aww." Says Hae Ryung quietly. "That's so sweet!"

The coach smiles at us but brings us back o our warm ups as we continue to talk about our breaks. But the break definitely is over.