00

" I think you should know my past before agreeing." Mita's voice was louder than a whisper but it was sharp and straight like a ruler.

"And I know. Precisely, I know everything." Rounak proclaimed leaning on the pillar. His eyes noting all details of the woman before him.

The woman surprisingly is making him curious with her behaviour. The other girls on his marriage proposal list seemed eager to blush and nod affirmatively at every word. Be it their life goals, his income, their future residence and his working hours. Denial was easy and quick on his part. It was all very calculated on his part.

And here she was trying tooth and nail to make him say no to this proposal. She was actually surprised in his indifference even after knowing all about her. While the other men ran away after listening the first one-two words, here he remained with her till her last word. And what scared her more was his attitude to this situation. Which definately wasn't making sense at all.

"Then, why aren't you saying no?" Annoyed she asked the brutal question.

"Because I want to. And before you ask me to straightaway disagree to everyone waiting outside eagerly for a simple yes, I ask you to reconsider about this proposal. Try to see from another angle and you shall have your answer." Saying this Rounak confidently walked out from the balcony, but not before taking a glimpse of the tensed figure beside the verandha railing. She was an angry and confused beauty.

Puzzled at his nonchalant and reckless act, Mita stood still listening the door of the balcony shutting close after him.

*****
Mita wasn't always like this. Sad, empty, broken and mostly angry at her fate. But after one incident, she lost it all. First 'Her friend'. Second 'Her Love'. Third 'Her husband'. All in a few minutes. And that made her close the chapter over her faith on lord, hope on destiny and trust on her beliefs.

This is a second chance book. If you are interested to know about  Mita's journey, then join me together.

 If you are interested to know about  Mita's journey, then join me together

Thank you 🤗