08

A couple of days have passed from the last meeting and Rounak can't be thankful enough to Vijaya Mausi for that. No more bad surprises !!

Mr Ghosh was in some big problem as his old and frail figure seemed to be forgetful and plain worried. His body used to remain there, but his mind must have been chasing some imaginary sheeps away. Earlier, Rounak didn't give a fig as he thought it's for the work. However after the small accident of yesterday, he just can't sit and keep believing that same bull shit of worry for work.

Today, he planned to ask Mr Ghosh of the matter.

While going on to the check up rounds of his patients, he asked a nurse of the whereabouts of Mr Ghosh. He found him slumped on a seat far away from all the other Hospital staffs and gazing at particularly nothing .

Taking his own lunch in hand, Rounak stepped in Mr Ghosh's periphery and sat making sound from his steel lunch box on the table adjacent to the frail figure.

" You, done with your lunch ?" Rounak asked while spooning the Rice along with the delicious spiced pulses (Dal) and the sweet n sour spiced Curry.

With no response from the person sitting just two-three feet away, his suspicions further grew. He reached towards Mr Ghosh's shoulder and then again asked, "Have you finished your Lunch Mr Ghosh?"

Visibly surprised, Mr Ghosh replied with a , "Ye-yes Doctor ! Have you ?"

On this note, Rounak smiled and answered, " I had. In fact just now only."

"Oh yes...." Mr Ghosh's reply came out mildly like a whisper as if he himself was explaining himself of the fact.

" If I wasn't a Doctor and just a boy of your son's age, would you still hide your problems like you are trying to do now ?" Rounak's approach was straight and his point made Mr Ghosh still for a moment and look at the young face of the man crouching at his level.

"Don't crouch like this. Your attire will be spoiled." A sense of warm protectiveness surrounded within Mr Ghosh for this young concerned man.

" If you don't want me to then , you better let me know the truth. I know you have fallen into a pit. Don't try to ignore it before me. Just let me know it. "

Defeated in front of his destiny's plans and problems, Mr Ghosh started talking releasing a sigh.

" I do a have a son like you. " He said gazing at those sparkling amusing eyes looking at him intently .

"BUT....I don't have him now...." To this Rounak's eyebrows joined together in confusion.

"I had lost him some time back." With this he exhaled loudly.

" He got married to a wonderful girl named Sumita........." And Mr Ghosh went on to explain everything .

Why did Niladri let all out before Dr Rounak he wasn't sure. He hadn't confided all these problems so openly with no one recently. He didn't find anyone worthy of sharing all this, frankly. Something in this young man made him capable of his confessions.

After the passing of good five to six minutes, Rounak voiced out, " I have a suggestion, kindly don't take it lightly." Rounak took the hands of Niladri in his. To this the old man turned his eyes up to Rounak's face.

"Can I.... Just meet her ? " Rounak didn't know why did he ask the damned question. But his words were already out and he himself was spellbound.

He himself had recently shut down thoughts to meet prospective women for marriage by Vijaya Mausi. So, why now the urge to meet with Sumita Ghosh ?