07

Both Sumita and Renuka stood nervously at approximately, a feet away from Prof Sekhawat's desk.The whole staffroom was empty due to the upcoming exam vacations. Many of the professors have already left for outstations and rest had managed a half day.

Keeping the book and attendance register in it's place, he found both the women with different expressions. While Sumita looked afraid as a small deer, Renuka's eyes were furrowed in curiosity .

"Now, Sumita do sit ups holding your ears ! " Rohit Sekhawat instructed calmly. He busied himself into checking assignments for a distraction. 

That stupid lie was a low blow to his ego. Do they find his classes that insignificant to use excuses in gossiping during the duration ? His hard work was just futile then ? Did he appear like a personality to play with easily ? When did he gave that imoression to his students ?

NO!! 

He didn't ever ! It was them who thought him just like some other professors , only  waiting for the class to be over and enjoy tea and snacks the next second. Those classes are bunked. Or attended only for the sake. Not for the purpose to learn! 

Now, he will make them learn to distinguish people like him from. A lesson they won't dare to forget.

Sumita's eyes widened like saucers while Renuka grew angry at this. 

"What ?!" Both the ladies were visibly shocked. But only Renuka asked. 

This man is nothing but a bad bully !! How could he even think of asking Sumita to do such an obnoxious act ? Where are they ? Inside a damn reputed  University!! 

 She clasped Sumita's hand in her tightly to refrain from even thinking of obeying his order. She shook her head in disagreement towards Sumita while Sumita had tears brimming in her eyes.

Rohit's eyes quicky assessed the story before him, of both the girl's body language. Sumita seemed alright to sit down after a while as she struggled against the hold, Renuka had secured. 

Renuka's eyes were shooting off her anger at this ridiculously thought punishment. But did she had the power to over rule his ? 

Naah.. No one has !! THEY have to abide by his words.

"Now Now !! I don't possess a lot of time waiting for you Miss Sumita. You rather sit down with  holding your ears or I take a stricter action against both of you . Choice is yours ! Take it within 5 seconds . " He  sternly explained with his pen pointing them. 

His face was a blank canvas but inside he was enjoying their weak position and relishing the fury Renuka directed him with. His mind was having a gala time smirking back at Renuka.

Sumita removed her hands from Renuka's grip with a strong pull and squatted  down,pulling her ears and then stood up. She closed her eyes in shame for she never remembered to have performed this during even in her school life. And here in University , while studying Masters, she was getting humiliated like this. 

Sumita chanted inside, " this is for Renuka. Otherwise he wouldn't spare Renuka. Just for Renuka." And kept on going. 

Renuka looked flabbergasted and totally helpless . Her best friend was being punished only for her stupid interruption in his class.  Her negligence in listening to Sumita's words of advice led them both here. Her hands held nothing. Absolutely no power to stop this from happening. And that thought led to the angry fat tears rolling down her cheeks.

Rohit understood, when after forty sit ups, Sumita didn't stop, that Sumita may go on doing this without even a word for a while. He watched Renuka's face getting red with the sobs interrupting any moment now and to avoid such dramas, he halted Sumita by barking a sudden, "STOP!!"