09

It's easier to cry out but it feels like a rock stuck in your throat when you try to swallow the pain down. For Rupali the second case prevailed as she couldn't stop herself from being hopeful to finally find a match she dreamt for Sumita. However deep down the pain of Sumita leaving them too was strangling her.

The family which came today included a Mausi not the groom's mother but her sister. Hmm.... His cousin sister also came and off course 'HE' came.

She could find two brown leather shoes whose shine have now dulled, crossed upon one another opposite her. His legs were clad in Khaky coloured trousers and his navy blue shirt was tucked in.

He carried a discussion quite well .  The women with him also had good sense of humour and maturity to talk on topics which encouraged both Rupali and Niladri to take part.

For a change, this meeting looked less likely for a groom seeking his bride and more like a family friend get together. Sumita kept her face down for the major time of the discussion to avoid involving her.

" I know I look quite intimidating for a Nanad (Sister in law) but I hope after you come to our house, we can improve my image some what, what say my future Boudi (Wife of elder brother  in Bengali) ?

The not so forgotton endearment shocked her making the biscuit slip from her hands.

A word she was so used to being called by Saurabh's cousins and friends. A word which has lost it's meaning instantly the moment his blood stained shirt reached her. The moment she saw the fire engulfing it whole - First 'Her friend'. Second 'Her Love'. Third 'Her husband'. All in a few minutes.

She moved her gaze towards the excited sound of the teenage girl. The teenager was really called Sumita her Boudi, albeit she added future before.

Pretty brown eyes and genuine smiles welcomed her scrutinising black eyes. 

" Hmm..." She was tongue tied to answer .

Yes, they were here for a probable match between this man and her. And it's not wrong for his cousin sister to hope for it. The rational part of hers tried stopping the negativity to leap in.

" Vinita, Stop talking too much !" Vijaya softly rebuked the teenager. Inside the big sitting room, it was audible though.

Her words were 💯 correct and it was exactly what Sumita had been thinking. Still Sumita didn't like the shift of smile from the girl.

After that, she wasn't involved any more in their discussions and she was both relieved and peculiarly angry at this. The peculairity of the situation was heightened as they had all come today for her re-marriage and they seem to forget it very well.   

"Rupali, we can continue further but let the children talk among themselves. What do you suppose Mrs Sekhawat ?" Niladri asked while lifting his cup of tea. 

Finally, something which is normal in case of marriage proposals. Sumita so wanted to say this aloud. 

"You are absolutely right to propose this Mr Ghosh. There is nothing called enough for a discussion between ladies having similar tastes and minds. I wouldn't be surprised if both me and Mrs Ghosh continue till tomorrow morning considering how I'm enjoying her company. You see, there I go again. "

She exchanged another pair of smiles from the old couple and then turning to Rounak she teased in a casual voice , "Well.. Rounak you can go by yourself right ? You don't need assistance from me or Vinita to walk and talk with Sumita. Do you ? We can help. You know. We had helped you to come till here. "