nine

IT WASN'T AS BAD AS BELLA ORIGINALLY THOUGHT IT WOULD BE. Since it was a school night, she and Isabelle had to stay at the house, so Isabelle had resorted to showing Bella what outfits were acceptable and which ones were completely unacceptable. That was, of course, after she'd been taught how to do an everyday natural makeup look and how to perfectly style her hair.

She'd also waxed her eyebrows, Isabelle not being able to do earlier because it had taken the girls over an hour to find a store here in Forks that had the wax, so by the time they'd actually found some, it was time to meet Charlie for dinner. Isabelle had gotten so... enthusiastic, about waxing Bella's eyebrows that she'd tried to convince Charlie to let her do it to him, and to Bella's surprise, he agreed. It took a lot of begging, but in the end, he actually agreed.

Then after all the waxing, Isabelle gave Bella an incredibly long but very educational lecture on how to properly color coordinate your everyday outfits and closet, Bella had convinced Isabelle to work on their Spanish homework, something that she was quickly realizing was easier said than done.

"You've been in Spanish for three years, but haven't even learned how to say hello?"

Isabelle just shrugged, "I know it starts with like an H or something."

"I—" Bella shook her head in disbelief, "How did you even pass the class without knowing the easiest word to learn."

"I really don't even know." Isabelle told the other girl honestly, "I think she passes me so it won't reflect badly on her."

"That's crazy."

"I know."

Isabelle got up from her position on Bella's desk chair and flopped face first onto her bed, rolling herself over so her face was facing the ceiling. "What was Arizona like?"

"Hot." when she was living in Arizona, her closet consisted of light clothing and barely any jackets, just thin windbreakers and two fleece hoodies for the rare day that it would rain or be cold.

She hadn't been in Forks for long, but god she was already missing her home back in Arizona. Bella wasn't fond of the cold or rain, she very much preferred the sun and the heat. "I could never live there," Isabelle said matter of factly.

"I hate the sun with a burning passion."

"No, you just hate light," Bella said with a small snicker.

Isabelle nodded, "Light is pointless, I'd rather be in a dark cave with night vision goggles."

Bella's right eyebrow shot up, "Where would you sleep? And about bears? Or spiders? Or ants? Or bats? Or—"

The black haired girl put her hand up to stop Bella, "First off all, bats and spiders are cute as fuck, and second of all, I would, obviously, bring my bed."

"Frame and all?"

"Frame and all," Isabelle confirmed.

Bella got back to trying to teach Isabella Spanish after that. By the time they started getting ready for bed, Isabelle had only picked up on the most basic words, like "Hola", and "Mi Amor", but it was great progress for someone who thought that gracias meant, well, grass.

"By the way," Isabelle said as Bella came back into the room from brushing her teeth, "I like to cuddle." she sent Bella a wink and licked her lips, her aim to make the other girl uncomfortable, but all Bella did was roll her eyes, shut the door, and turn the light off, leaving the dusty lamp on the bedside table as the only light source in the room.

"Just remember I'm not wearing a bra," Bella told her as she got into bed.

"Well, I'm not wearing pants."