fourteen

WHEN ISABELLE'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN, the first thing she noticed was the paper-thin pillow underneath her head, which led her to the conclusion that she must be in the nurse's office.

Isabelle sat up from the two-inch-thick plastic-covered mattress that was a staple in every school's nurse's office and stretched, letting out a light groan as her ass pushed into the metal frame underneath the mattress through the said mattress.

She turned her head and spotted the brunette tresses of her old new best friend. Bella was sitting in a chair along the wall where the sink was, with open books spread out on another chair beside her and another book on her lap that she was using to write on top of.

"Ah, sleeping beauty has risen." Bella teased her friend, "I suppose you don't remember passing out into Jaspers arms after seeing a dead frog?"

"Oh fuck." Isabelle's face turned red with embarrassment, "You're lying, you have to be." she lightly begged, "Please tell me you're lying."

Bella sent her friend a grimace, "Sorry Isa, Jasper had to carry you here."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Isabelle let out a loud groan, "The one fucking chance I get to be in Jaspers sexy Texan arms and I'm fucking passed the fuck out." she dropped her head into her hands, "That's just fucking great." she said, shaking her head.

Isabelle would admit that she was a bit embarrassed by what had happened, but this wasn't the first time she had passed out because they had to dissect something in class. She would get over the embarrassment pretty quick though.

"So why are you here, B-Dawg?"

Bella gave her a disgusted look, "Don't ever call me that again. I never ever in my entire life want to hear you calling me that ever again."

The goth teen held her hands up in surrender, "Don't be such a hater bro."

Bellas rolled her eyes and ignored her, going back to the original question. "I heard you passed out so you know, as your best friend it's my duty to skip class and come watch over you."

"You?" Isabelle scoffed, "Skip class?"

Bella rolled her eyes, "Okay more like I asked my teacher if I could come and then pleasantly reminded the school nurse that my dad is your god-father and also the Sheriff."

Isabella's mouth dropped open, "You.... you blackmail someone for me?" there were unshed tears in her eyes as she looked at Bella.

"It wasn't blackmail," she defended herself, "It was a reminder," she said with a shrug.

After a few seconds of silence, Isabelle spoke up, "Hey, do you think if I look sick enough they'll let me go home? And by me I mean the both of us? You know, just so you can watch over me and make sure I don't succumb to my injuries."

Bella started sniffing around the room, "Do you smell that? I think you just threw up."

Isabelle grinned, "I like your style, Isabella."

"Why thank you, Isabelle."

When the pair got to Bella's house they made a startling discovery, Charlie was home. Well actually, he had been just leaving when Bella pulled up. The two girls had debated on lying to him and spinning a tale greater than Little Red Riding Hood, or just telling him the truth.

"Oh hey Charlie, fancy seeing you here," Isabelle grinned up at her godfather, "It's almost like you live here!"

He ignored Isabelle and looked at Bella, "Why are you two not in school right now?"