twelve

IT WAS SIX O'CLOCK ON THE DOT AND JASPER WAS SITTING IN A BOTH IN THE BACK OF THE LETTUCE BAR. He was early but he would rather be fifteen minutes early than make Isabelle wait, she wasn't well known for her patience.

The restaurant was surprisingly pretty packed full of people. He'd expected the restaurant to have a few customers, not to be at near full capacity, he was so glad he'd gone hunting before leaving the house.

Speaking of his house, the occupants, specifically Rose, were a bit hesitant about Jasper going out this little 'Study date', as Alice had taken to calling it. Especially since Edward wasn't here to hide in some dark alley and keep tabs on his mind to make sure he wasn't thinking about draining the blood from the occupants of the restaurant— not that Jasper would've allowed his brother to spy on him.

Jasper was a big vampire, he didn't need his family watching his every move. He especially didn't need them watching him like they were just waiting for the moment he snaps and attacks every human on sight. He still had a lot of trouble controlling his bloodlust, but knowing that they were waiting for him to lose control, that they didn't trust him enough to be able to control his urges, ones that they had felt strongly for not that long ago, was a bit disheartening.

He understood, but it still slightly hurt that his family didn't trust him.

Emmett, surprisingly, had been the most vocal with approving of Jasper going out alone. And with Alice backing him up, using her visions as her excuse, the other three vampires had, eventually, come to the decision to let Jasper go out.

He stifled an eye roll like they could've stopped him. He wasn't a child, all Carlisle and Esme could do were voice their disappointment in his choice to still go, and Rosalie would be bitchy towards him for a while, but none of them could force him to stay in the house.

And, not that it would come down it but... if they tried to fight him, then they would surely lose. He was the most experienced and skilled vampire in the house fighting wise, and though the others were skilled, they were no match for The Major.

Caught up in his thoughts, he hadn't realized that it had started raining, or that the time was now six forty and Isabelle had yet to show up. He let a frown overcome his blank face, he didn't have her phone number so there was no way of him calling or texting her to see if she was still coming, so really, the only option he had was to wait. He didn't want to leave because they still had to work on their project, and he didn't want her to come and find him not there.

A minute before the six on his watch became a seven, a girl wearing all black stormed into the restaurant, water dripping from every inch of her. Jasper knew immediately that it was Isabelle, if not for her scent or the constant anger lurking about, she was the only girl in Forks that wore all black.

It took barely a second for Isabelle to find the table Jasper was sitting at and when she did, she stormed over in the same manner she'd entered the building in. She was muttering something under her breath that even the golden-haired vampire couldn't understand.

Before Jasper could think about something to say to the angry girl in front of him, she started speaking. "My greasy brother and that ginger bitch took the car without telling me!" she hissed, "I had to walk—which is fine, just an inconvenience— but then it started to fucking rain! And it took me a whole ass hour to do my hair, and now it's all ruined! And my fucking tights are sticking to my legs, and my fucking socks are wet!" she ranted, her arms wildly waving around in the air as she spoke.

Jasper listened to her intently, twisting in his seat and grabbing the tan coat that was sat on the back of his chair. Cold nor heat affected him, so it was mostly for looks so the humans wouldn't get suspicious when they saw him walking around in t-shirt when it was fifty or sixty degrees out. He didn't say anything as he offered the coat to Isabelle and Isabelle didn't hesitate for a second to snatch it out of his hands and shoved her thin arms into the bigger jacket.