Chapter 2: Secret Garden

Kara walked into her room. She could feel the presence of something behind her and she suspected it was the Daxamite prince. He was a brat. A frat boy. She pressed her fingers against a button on the wall, near her bed, as her bookshelf slid open, and there was little to no noise at all as it moved. She quickly stepped inside, the bookshelf-door closing behind her.

When Mon-El opened the door to Kara's bedroom, he gasped as he saw her bookshelf completely shifted,  but was closing back soon. He dove for the opening, hitting the ground inside the dark corridor behind the bookshelf. A soft thud was heard, and Mon-El whipped his head back. At least now he knew why his bed was not against the wall. Mon-El felt his way through the dark corridor, hands brushing on the walls. When he saw a shred of light, he was elated. He moved towards it and what he saw surprised him.

It was a beautiful "secret" garden.

Kara lay on a bench, sobbing. Her eyes were already swollen from all the crying, but when she heard footsteps approaching from behind her, she lay still and stayed extremely silent. She turned, before letting out a small gasp. Mon-El was walking out of the corridor she exited from, admiring the scenery.

As he walked towards Kara, she froze. Mon-El had spotted her and was now making his way over. He smiled at her, and Kara was awestruck. Now that he was under the light, she could see his smile. So warm, so welcoming. So... handsome. She cringed inwardly. Did she just think that he was handsome? No, he was perfect-ly annoying! She held back the urge to smile back at him. Putting on a frown,  she folded her arms across her chest and cursed.

"Hey, Your Majesty, the Prince Mon-El of Daxam," Kara looked at him, "Have you come to gloat more about being a royal to me?"

"No, I came to see if you're okay," Mon-El was kicking himself inside, guilt causing him to stumble over words, leaving awkward pauses.

"Did you, now? Well, I'm glad to tell you that I'm fine -"

"You don't seem fine," Mon-El interrupted.

"I was fine until you came," Kara finished, growling through her teeth, glaring at him. There were tears in her eyes as she gave him a death glare. 

He moved to touch her, but she turned away, pushing his hand, "How did you find me, anyway?"

She waited for an excuse, but he rubbed the back of his head, chuckling awkwardly and guiltily, "I  just... found it!"

"Found what? The secret entrance that was through my room?" Kara pushed further, enjoying his struggle.

"Yes! I mean, no! I wanted to apologise, so I walked into your room and found your bookshelf-door-thing open!" Mon-El tried his hardest to defend himself. Oh, he was in so much trouble when he got home.

"Pfft... HAHAHAHA!" Kara burst out laughing as she could not hold in the attempt to keep a serious face. He was just too cute! Ugh, not cute... but his attempt was funny.

"You do know that there is an entrance to this place, right? My room just had a built-in evacuation tunnel. This is my place to relax whenever I feel sad or alone, " Kara explained.

She wasn't mad? Mon-El wondered, but followed Kara as she stood up and walked.

Kara walked past the flowers, her hand brushing against them as she took in a deep breath. Mon-El, watching her, did the same. He was instantly overwhelmed with an amazing scent. One that smelt like perfume, but in the natural world. He could not hold it in, "Kara, I have to admit, Krypton is beautiful..."

"How do you know? You've only been inside my home," Kara giggled, bells ringing in his ears again. She was right, and he did want to see the rest of Krypton.