Chapter 10

¨I'm on my way. Make sure you're already dressed up.¨

¨I'm ready and I'm at the door waiting ¨ I said annoyed. 

The buzzing of the few people on the street rips the placid night. A faint hum in the house sounds in the street. I wouldn't have gone outside if it weren't for my friend, Hyejin.

I've known her since forever and we've been friends since then. She's my confidant in everything and I am to her. People would often say we're dating but we always laugh. We'll never see each other that way. She's more like the sister I want to strangle but love nonetheless.

¨Change your clothes if you're wearing your sweatpants. We're going to a semi-formal restaurant and I really want to impress my date tonight. So please, wear something nice. ¨ my friend said on the other line. 

She's such a mom sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I love her but sometimes she makes me feel like I'm helpless. She thinks I'm going to kill myself just trying to do something.

¨Yes, Mom. I'm wearing a crop top paired with my black CLEAN suit so as not to be too formal. And wore my CLEAN slacks. I 'm even wearing my black loafers. I better have a good time, I'm wearing my nicest clothes ¨, shaking my head at her even though she can't see me.

¨Good and I know you're shaking your head again cause I see you. I'm here ¨ She ended the call and I looked up from my phone and immediately regretted it as I was blinded by her headlights.

The roaring sound of a Camaro 69 revving in front of my house intrudes like a profanity while muffled music pulsed from the car.

¨Are you ready? ¨ Squinting my eyes to look at her properly. I took a good look at her, looking drop-dead gorgeous as ever not that I will ever tell her that. She won't let live it down. She could easily get whoever she wants. Her raven hair flows down on her back. She's petite and vivacious. Her onyx eyes are as seductive as ever. Looking at her now screams she really wants to impress her date tonight, must be someone special. She 's wearing a red bohemian dress adorned with her red high heels or as she calls it her lucky dress.

¨You look like you killed 10 people ¨, looking at her up and down.

¨Too red? ¨ She asked with worry etched on her face.

I laughed, shaking my head ¨don't worry about it. She'll fall for you with one look ¨

¨Thanks, Byul ¨ she smiled gratefully.

Giving her a pat in the back, we entered her car and made our way through the busy traffic.

Outside, the cars' engine whined. The wind whispered through the branches and rustled the leaves and it hammered on the window. 

I glanced at her, ¨so are we going to pick up your date? ¨

Without looking at me she replied, ¨they're already there waiting for us ¨

Please let this be an okay night. I would pray for this to be an awesome night but after my last date, I didn't want to get my hopes up. I shuddered just thinking about it. I was startled by my buzzing phone.

____________________________________

xxx xx xx xx
Today 8:46 pm

Hey

8:47 pm

Who is this?

8:48 pm

This is Moon Byul-yi, right? It 's Krystal from yesterday