Chapter Four

I walked out of the school building to find Grey waiting there, leaning against a blue mustang. I really hope he's not waiting for me, as I would never get into a car with someone that I had just met. He could be a drunk for all I know, I mean with the way he acts.

I begin to walk past him and towards the subway, when he brazenly screams my new nickname. "Angel face! Come over here!" his dimples came back out to play with that same side smirk he made in the hallway.

He knew he was embarrassing me. This was amusing to him. I walk over to the car, rolling my eyes profusely.

"Damn, you shouldn't have such an attitude towards someone who's offering you a ride home." He says sarcastically.

"Maybe I wouldn't have one if you didn't keep calling me that ridiculous nickname you came up with, it's annoying." I refuse to make eye contact with him. He opens up the car door and gestures me inside.

"Don't be stubborn. Come on, I promise I don't bite. Unless we're in bed."

I roll my eyes even harder and his laughter finally comes to a halt. "I'm joking, angel."

My cheeks turn red and I climb into the passenger seat to hide my discomfort. "You better not drive like an idiot."

He scrambles into the seat beside me and starts up the engine. The mustang makes a loud roar, and in my mind I'm kind of nervous. I've never been in a car like this before, let alone with a stranger as the driver. I hear him giggle as I buckle my seatbelt and adjust the belt tighter. He pulls off onto the street and begins asking me a series of questions. One of them leaving me torn to answer.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?"

"I did. We decided to break up since I was moving so far away." I started to become quiet.

"Aww, don't be sad, angel. I can help get your mind off him real quick."

The anger that built up inside of me finally came out.

"Who the hell do you think you are? I don't know what the girls around here are like, but I can promise you that I'm not one of them. So quit all of your provocative remarks or don't talk to me."

I watched as his expression changed from shocked, to confused, and then to plain blank. A moment of silence passed, and then he finally spoke.

"I'm sorry, alright. This is just my personality. I like you, I wanna be friends. I'll chill out."

Something about his body language along with his tone made me feel kind of bad for snapping at him. I know he was the one in the wrong, but maybe I could've said it with less of an attitude. No- he was the one being a pervert. How could he make me feel like I'm the bad guy so easily? It's like I'm not even the one in control of my own brain.

The rest of the drive was spent in normal-and almost enjoyable-conversation. We finally arrived at my house.

"How about I drive you to school tomorrow? You can't possibly enjoy taking that filthy subway full of morons." he smiled brightly.

"Yeah, I guess that'd be fine. Thanks."

We said our goodbyes, and I walked right upstairs and into my bedroom. As I plopped my back onto the soft surface, I lay there thinking of Grey, and regretting every second of it.