Chapter Thirteen

When Monday morning finally rolls around, I dread getting out of bed, but I am also quite excited to see Grey. I haven't spoken to him since Friday night, other than arranging our usual pickup before school.

I roll out of bed and make my way over to the bathroom. After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I apply minimal makeup: concealer, mascara, chapstick, and some blush. I'm too lazy to put much effort into my hair, so I throw it up into a messy bun. Blonde strands of hair hang freely around my face. As usual, I roll up my skirt a couple of times, attempting not to look like a librarian. I was just gathering my things when I got the text from Greyson.

I'm outside, angel face.

I take one last look in the mirror, assuming that I had applied too much blush, when really I was just burning up from the text I had just received. I walk out the door to find him sitting there in his blue mustang, with his usual lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth. He was blasting his annoying alternative music when he spotted me and turned the volume down. He examined me from top to bottom, and for once, I was loving every second of it.

"Woah, you look like a mess. A beautiful mess." He smirks.

I roll my eyes at him, even though I'm delighted on the inside. When I enter the passengers seat, I instantly begin coughing at the smoke filled vehicle. Grey hesitantly throws his unfinished cigarette out of the car and rolls down all of the windows.

"Are you okay? You don't have asthma or some shit, do you?" He asks nervously.

"No, I don't have asthma." I laugh. "I'm fine, but thanks." I smile at him, pleased with how cautious he is with me, but weirdly, he seems to reluctantly look away. Although I found it odd, I brushed it off and continued in conversation with him. It felt so nice to talk to him after such a long weekend. I eventually built up the courage to ask him a couple of questions about what went down at the club.

"Grey, what was that thing you gave me Friday night?" I asked. He began to laugh.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He spoke sarcastically while shrugging his shoulders.

"Seriously, what was it? I'm not mad, I just want to know." I insisted.

"Ever hear of LSD?" He questions.

My stomach churns. Am I that stupid? I don't know what I thought he had given me, but something as serious as LSD definitely didn't cross my mind. I have never done drugs before.

"Are you crazy? Why would you give me that? I could've overdosed!" I exclaimed.

Grey's laughter persists. "Listen, first of all, you said you weren't mad. And second, you can't overdose from one tiny sheet of LSD, especially given that you've never taken drugs before." He replied.

"What makes you think that I've never taken drugs before?" I questioned. I don't know why, but I was a little bit... offended? What exactly does he think of me?

"You're a straight line Hope, you play it safe. Which is fine and all, I could just tell it was your first time. You were out of control. Don't worry though, it was sexy."

His words left me both angry and flattered. He wasn't wrong, I do play it safe for the most part. I am just beginning to question how people see me, am I really that boring of a person? I don't want to be boring. I'm tired of always doing the same things and being the same person that I always was. I'm in an entirely new city, I don't have to be the same girl that I was back at home. I have the opportunity to redefine myself as someone new, someone free.

"What are you doing tonight?" I ask.

"I was just gonna go to this kickback over at Jasper's place. You probably wouldn't like it, just a bunch of us sitting around smoking a blunt."

"Actually, I'm interested. Pick me up at eight?" I arch a brow.

Yet again, Grey starts to laugh. "I'm not going over there until about ten, I've got some things to attend to." He replied. Where is he always running off to?

"Okay. Ten works for me."

The rest of my day went pretty well. I'm on schedule with all of the work due in each of my classes, I'm actually ahead in a couple of them. When lunch came around, I didn't feel comfortable going into the cafeteria to face Zayn and the others. I decided to eat my lunch in the library and catch up on some homework since I'd be going out tonight. When the day finally came to an end, I walked outside to find Grey in his usual parking spot, waiting for me.

Nothing too important came up during the drive home. When it came time to drop me off he took out what I assumed was a much needed cigarette and told me he'd be back to pick me up at ten. I was kind of let down when he didn't kiss me, or even call me that annoying nickname he gave me that I've sort of come to love. I figured he was just in a hurry. I couldn't wait to see him again later tonight.