Chapter 4

Chris smiled at me. "Oh! Aathiray! It's you." He was standing right next to me now. I stared into his green eyes which were absolutely gorgeous. He had dark brown hair and a perfect face. He was a mixed child and they always say that mixed kids are gorgeous. His mother was Canadian and his father was from Trinidad.

"Hi!" I squeaked.

Kero continued to growl in my arms.

Chris ignored him. "Sorry, my friends thought it would be funny to throw a snowball at me... and then I ducked and it hit you."

I smiled. "It's ok."

"You aren't hurt, are you?" He asked.

I shook my head. He wasn't a bad boy at all, sure he hung out with losers but he wasn't like them. I looked over his shoulder at his friends who were, as expected, being stupid and pushing each other down into the snow. Yup, he was definitely not like them.

"Well, it's a good thing I ran into you." He said.

"What? Why?" I felt my heart flutter; he wanted to talk to me?

He hesitated. "Well, actually... I was wondering if you wanted to spend Christmas with me." He put his hand behind his head. "I heard your parents left for the break, thought you might not like being alone."

I felt like I was dreaming. I was about to say 'of course' when Kero stopped growling.

'No!' He yelled.

I looked down at him.

'You will not go.'

"This is your cat right?" Chris asked.

I looked back at him. "Yes. His name is Kero! Wanna pet him?"

'NO!' Kero yelled.

I ignored him.

"That mark on his forehead is cool." He said as he reached out to pet him.

Kero lifted his head up and bit him.

Chris jumped back. "Ow! Shit!" He yelled.

I heard his friends burst out laughing.

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!" I looked at Kero, lifting him up to my face. "Bad boy! That was not nice at all!" I glared at him.

Kero frowned and stuck his tongue out. 'He tastes like... crap.'

I never knew Kero could be so immature.

"Hey, it's ok." Chris said. He looked at his finger, which was bleeding. "Wow, sharp teeth."

"I'm sorry! He's not normally like this." I said, feeling so bad.

"It's ok!" He thought for a second. "You can make it up by hanging with me on Christmas."

'No.' Kero said again.

I frowned. "Hold on a second, let me ask, um, my brother."

Chris nodded.

I walked a little far from Chris and pulled out my cell phone. I wasn't really going to ask my brother, I just needed something to make it look like I wasn't talking to my cat. I put the cell phone at my ear. "Why?" I asked, angrily.

'Listen to me Aathy. No.'

"I want a solid reason" I said.

'We have plans.' He said.

"No we don't."

'We will.'

"What exactly are those plans?" I asked.