Chapter 3

Janae's POV (1 week later, Friday)

I been skipping 3rd and 4th period everyday with Kyree. I know what y'all thinking, I'm stupid for doing that. But I still got my work done and my grades still just as high. We've gotten real close the last week. But I'm just worried Chris will find out we kicking it, I don't need or want him messing this up for me. Knowing his bitch ass, he'll try to break us up. He always be a petty bitch for no reason.

I walked in the cafeteria, expecting Kyree to be smiling and being goofy like he usually is. Instead, he was staring off into space.

"Hey bae." I sat next to him.

"Wassup, I got a question." he said.

I started getting a lil nervous. "What?"

"You and Chris used to fuck?" he asked.

I scrunched up my face. "Hell nah, where you get that shit from?"

"He told me yesterday while we was smoking, but we could just been talking shit, you know how he get when he high." he shrugged. "You tryna skip today?"

"Nah, I need to go to class." I sighed.

"C'mon baby girl." he said, grabbing my thighs and pulling me towards him.

"I can't babe, we both need to go to class. And we got 4th period together anyway."

"So I still get to see this beautiful face?" he grabbed my chin.

I blushed lightly. "Yeah."

The bell rung and he kissed me. "I'ma see you later."

"Okay." I smiled as he walked away from me.

************

I walked in the house and Mama was sitting at the table with her arms crossed. I already knew what this meant, I was in trouble.

"Hey." I said dropping my book bag.

"Have a seat." she said.

"What's wrong." I sat down.

"Your teacher called and said you been absent 10 times in the last week." she said, sounding sad.

I just looked down. She reached out for me to grab her hand. "Is something going on? Is it what those boys are saying about you?"

"No.... Well yes and no." I said.

"Talk to me about it."

"They were bothering me one day, and I ended up meeting this new boy named Kyree. He made sure I was okay. He kept telling me I was pretty and eventually... I started skipping with him." I said.

She just stared at me, surprised. "So you've been with.. a boy?"

"Yes, Mama I'm so sorry. I know you taught me better than tha-"

"That's it? You just been with him? Well as long as he's keeping them niggas away from you I don't see a problem." she said calmly.

I smiled. "So it's okay?"

"Yes. Just make sure you're in class. You'll see each other in lunch and the hallway, school comes first."

I nodded. "Does Daddy know?"

"He knows that you skipped, but he assumed it was because of the teasing." she sighed. "And let's keep it that way. But Janae, if it gets any worse we're going to take action. Bullying isn't okay."

"Nothing has happened since I met Kyree."

"Alright, you hungry?" she got up and went to the kitchen.

"No I'm good, thanks though." I went upstairs to my room.

I did my homework then cleaned my room. Afterwards I went downstairs to eat dinner. I was surprised when my Daddy walked in the door from work early.

"Hey baby girl, you okay?" he asked kissing my forehead.

"Yeah." I said.

"I heard about what happened... You sure you okay?" he asked quietly. I nodded and he smiled at me.

After we all ate I went upstairs to shower. I put on some shorts and a tank top then laid across my bed.

I was listening to music when Kyree called me. "Hey baby girl." he said.

I smiled. "Wassup."

"You at home, right."

"Yeah why."

"Lemme come see you."

I sighed. "We can't, my parents at home."

"Yo dad there?"

"Yeah he got off early." I said.

He sighed. "I'ma text you later, aight?"

"Okay, see you Monday."

"Alright baby girl." he hung up.

I smiled, happy that he finally called me. Even though we official we don't ever talk outside of school, and I hate that.

I was laying in bed, finna go to sleep when I heard tapping on my window. I'm on the second floor and there wasn't any trees near my window.

I looked down when my phone vibrated, a text from Kyree. Come to your window😏 it said.

I excitedly ran to the window sure enough, there his ass was standing outside.

"What is you doing here." I whispered.

"I came to see you." he said smiling.

I smiled. "That's sweet and all but my parents here."

"I'll leave soon, I just wanted to see your face." he said.

I smiled. "Aww."

"Come down." he said.

I put on my slippers and robe then slid out my window, and the swing in the backyard.

"Hey babe." I hugged and kissed him.

"Wassup, you look good in them pajamas."

I smiled. "How you know I was here."

"Chris told me." he said. I rolled my eyes at the thought of his bitch ass.

"Oh okay." I sighed.

He picked me up and I smiled, kissing him again. We held each other for a while until he let go and put me down.

"Go back in the house, it's cold." he said.

I sighed. "See you tomorrow."

"Alright." he kissed me and walked away.

I was walking towards the house when I seen Tyga, Chris and Kevin looking at me. They stared as I jumped on the swing and back in my window.

I watched as they all got back in Chris' car and sped down the street.