• F I V E •

•••

"What—What in the world are you doing here?" Lucy demanded haughtily.

Hearing her furious, Natsu's laughter eventually died down, and he put a hand behind his neck, suddenly nervous.

"H-hey li-."

"Oh no no no no." Lucy interrupted. "Don't you 'hey' me! You are not supposed to be here, and yet you are here! And you're not even dressed fully!" Lucy screeched.

Natsu looked down at his attire, confused. "Is this not okay?" He asked.

"Does this look like it's okay?" Lucy accused, pointing at her face, which at this moment, was not just red from fury, but also from embarrassment.

She was trying so hard to ignore his exposed torso, which was covered with bandages, but not enough to cover his..well..umm..abs.

She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down.

"Why are you here?" She asked again, but this time, her voice calmer than before.

He rubbed the back of his neck again, looking anywhere but her.

"It was boring without you there." He said so quietly, that Lucy might've not been able to catch it, had she not been paying so much attention.

This flattered her, honestly, and if possible, she turned even more red. However, his spontaneous actions had her on the edge.

"You had Plue." She reasoned.

He still wasn't looking at her, but he counter argued anyway.

"Your dog is very cute. But it also looked very tasty when I was hungry."

"Stay away from my dog!"

"Besides.." he continued. "I wanted to be with you."

"H-Huh?"

He finally looked at her, and Lucy was surprised to see him grinning, yet again showing off his unusually sharp canines.

"Well I have to be, since I have to protect you and all! I've been keeping a watch on you the since the moment you left me in the dining room."

"Since the moment..Wait..YOU'VE BEEN FOLLOWING ME ALL ALONG?"

'And here I thought that he'd left me alone' Lucy thought. But then..

"Wait..you said you've been watching me all along.. Does-Does that include me..sh-showering and stuff t-too?"

Natsu didn't say anything, but the clear and dark blush on his face was an answer enough.

"Y-You..oh my god..you PERVERT!"

Natsu flinched but looked her in the eye, stuttering and still clearly embarrassed.

"It-it was only for protection pur-purpose, I swear!"

Lucy was still very flushed, so Natsu took this as his chance to change the subject.