• E P I L O U G E •

•••

"I think I'll pass, Levy."

"Aww c'mon Lu! Pretty please?"

"A pretty no, Levy. I just don't think I'm ready yet."

"But it's been a year Lucy!"

"Which is equivalent to just a little over a month for him!"

"Lucy." Levy began sternly. "You're not living in his world. You're here. Here with us. And it's been a month for him too! He tried to make no contact whatsoever! Don't you think it's time to move on?"

The blonde sighed in defeat, flopping down on her bed. Plue snuggled in close to her, making her smile while she petted him.

"Yeah, I know." She answered grumpily. "But, it's just that...I'm not ready yet. I just don't think I'll be able to like another person right now."

"You were really in it deep huh?" Levy sighed. It then went silent on the other side, leaving Lucy to hear the otherwise nonexistent static hum of the phone. "But Lucy, I'm not allowing you to stay cooped up either."

"Levy-"

"Absolutely not!" She deadpanned. "I am not letting my best friend spend another new year alone!"

"But Lev-"

"It's New Year's Eve Lucy! Just come with us. No dates I swear!"

Lucy pondered over it for a moment, weighing the possibilities, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to go out after all.

"You promise not to set me up with someone?"

"I promise! Pinky swear!"

Lucy laughed, for she could almost see Levy holding out her pinky finger.

"Fine." She agreed. "I'll come."

•••

The blonde woman sighed, keeping her half finished drink on the counter and grabbed her coat, ready to go.

"I guess that's that." She smiled slightly, walking out if the club. Somewhere in the distance, she could see Levy and Gajeel dancing wildly, having fun. Jellal and Erza sat in a corner, the latter giggling at something he just said. Juvia, Gray, Wendy and Romeo were probably somewhere there too, just out of her peripheral vision.

"Have a great new year you guys." She mumbled, finally walking out.

In an instant, she was greeted with a cold, harsh wind and a few stray snowflakes. She fished out her phone, texting Levy.

'I'm heading home now. You guys enjoy! <3 Have a blast! ^.^'

On her way home, a flower stand with beautiful white lilies caught her attention. She walked over, pulling out one of them.

"Excuse me sir? How much for a bouquet? Actually...make it two."

•••