• N I N E •

•••

He stared at her in disbelief, unable to believe that it was all actually true.

"You mean it? Like really, really mean it?"

Lucy sighed for the umpteenth time, nodding in response.

"Yes Natsu, it absolutely is true."

There was no warning. None at all. All she knew next was she was on the ground, her back hurting like hell, with Natsu on top of her, hugging the life out of her.

"Ow ow ow ow.Natsu..can't..breathe.." Lucy wheezed.

He let go of her, getting back up on his feet and then helping her too.

"Jeez Natsu, how many times have I told you not to do that!"

She was totally pink, and was hiding her face behind her bangs.

"Ah, sorry. I was too excited." He mumbled apologetically.

"Get a room you two!"

Lucy was completely red and she didn't even bother hiding it now. In an instant, all her defences were up.

"Shut it cat! It's not like that!"

"Whatever! You are totally in loooovvvveee.~"

"That's it!"

Lucy stomped over to Happy and began stretching his cheeks, her aura dark and forbidding.

However, Natsu just stayed quiet.

15 minutes later, Lucy was standing in front of her mirror, combing her hair.
She had a habit of humming whenever she did her usual chores, but today she was humming and smiling.

The reason? Oh it was nothing much!Just the smile of pure delight and happiness on a dragon slayer's face.

She put aside the comb and grabbed her necessities.

"Okay! You ready?"

Happy came flying towards her, and plopped down on her head.

"Hey! I just did my hair y'know!"

"Ughh Luceeeeeee..I'm hungry. Give me some fish."

"What? But you just ate!"

"You took so much time to get ready that I became hungry again."

Lucy controlled the urge to slap the blue cat off of her head, and instead settled for a retort.

"Well excuse me for having a morning routine! At least I care for a shower unlike you!"

"Mmhm.."

"Where's Natsu?"

"Oh, he fell asleep while we waited for you."

She smiled, walking towards her couch, where she was certain he would be. And true, Natsu was fast asleep on the couch, sitting with his arms crossed as if waiting. It was adorable.