• S I X T E E N •

•••

"What do you think you're doing?"

His low growls caught Lucy's attention and she slowly lifted up her head, flinching a bit with pain.

Her clouded vision from tears and dizziness made it harder to look, but there was no way that she could not identify Natsu even if she was blind.

He stood directly in front of her, his left arm extended to his side, smoke coming off of it.

'He must've taken that hit to save me' Lucy thought as more tears clouded her vision. She felt so pathetic and guilty and weak. She didn't deserve his save. She didn't want him hurt because of her.

"Lushieee!"

Suddenly, a fur ball collided with her, hugging her waist. Happy had buried his head in her stomach and his muffled sniffles were the only thing heard, while Lucy painfully smiled and began stroking his head.

"H-Happy..D-don't cry." She somehow wheezed out, trying to console him.

"B-But it's all my fault! I left you! I thought if I could get Natsu then you'd be safe. But-But-"

"Shh.." she smiled, patting his head. "You d-did what you could. Thank you."

"B-But-"

"Y-You're still the o-one who brought him here, H-Happy. You did save me."

The little blue cat looked up to her with a tear stricken face, surprised at her watery smile. Despite the fact that she was heavily wounded and crying, her smile was still enough to brighten his and Natsu's moods.

Their little heart to heart was cut short when Ignia chuckled, eyeing Natsu. Lucy could only see his back, but she knew that the dragon slayer was giving Ignia a death glare in that moment.

"Oh Natsu!." He greeted, chuckling darkly. "Glad you could make it. Care to join our little party?"

"Oh you bet I do." He growled, still glaring at him.

"Oh?"

It all happened in a flash of a moment. One moment they were both standing about a few feet away from each other but in the next, Natsu was in front of Ignia, ready to strike.

The latter blocked his attack with both his arms, but was sent back from the force of the momentum. He stumbled a bit, but regained his composure, almost immediately having had to block another one of Natsu's attack.

"Do you really think you can take on me?" Ignia asked, amused, still blocking Natsu's attacks.

"Fire Dragon ROAR!"

"You couldn't even destroy Acnologia. What chance do you think do you have against me?"

"Fire Dragon's TALON!"

Lucy couldn't do anything but just watch the fight in awe. Happy was still in her lap, his head buried in her stomach, while she saw the intense confrontation unfold in front of her.

As soon as Ignia had mentioned about Acnologia, Lucy noticed that Natsu visibly tensed, his body becoming rigid and a conflicted expression on his face.