Fourth Drabble - Medein

He refused to be jealous, not of them, not over this. He wouldn't let it get to him. He would not let them have the satisfaction of it. Especially in front of her, his sweet, innocent, beloved (y/n). Even if she was the reason for the struggle he was having with himself.

He bit back the words resting on the tip of his tongue as he heard the hisses coming from the snakes as they coiled about her fingers happily, not wanting her to start questioning him about just what the snakes were saying as she spent so many quiet moments playing with them. He didn't want her to understand just how independent they were from him when he didn't focus on his "self-control".

He also didn't want her to know about the competition going on between them over her attention. He doubted she would be as understanding about it as she was about most things. After all, although humans were known to wrestle with hair issues, they rarely involved their hair trying to steal affection away from them from their loved ones.

Hearing another hissed comment from above, Medein grabbed his old bracelet from the nearby desk and focused. He might not need the bracelet, but it helped him focus on what he wanted until such time that it would finally become second nature to initiate the change without feeling that familiar warmth.

Within a span of moments, the hissing faded and he felt her fingers tug gently at the locks of his hair. Setting the bracelet down again, he reached forward and pulled her into his arms, holding her against him as he pressed his lips against her own soft hair.

"You spoil them with your attention, my love. Spoil me for a while instead."