Tenth Drabble - Jinx

"Can I have a small snippet showing reader walking with Fish boy, only to find him shuffling a little closer to her after spotting the rude girl?" - response to the Jinx drabble

The answer is, no. No, you may not have a snippet. You may instead have an entire drabble, my dear, sweet friend. Although, it did go a little off course, but that is normal for my boys.

"Jinx, come on! The movie's going to start without us if we don't hurry!" I said, tugging on his arm as we strolled far too slowly down the sidewalk towards the theater.

I was really excited to go because usually he was too stubborn to go to a movie without spending days slowly wearing his resistance down with sometimes hours of playing with his hair. I could only spend so long brushing and braiding and rebraiding his hair before my fingers got sore and I had to rest, but him... He could lay there, almost melted into the couch, for hour after hour just being pampered.

But this time, this time he had agreed to the movie after hardly any resistance at all! Yet here he was, walking slower and slower the closer we got to the theater. Had he changed his mind?

"Jinx? Is something wrong?" I whispered when I felt him suddenly stop beside me.

I didn't turn to look until I felt him press up next to me and start trying to turn us around. It was only then that I noticed the way he kept glancing down the pathway ahead of us, looking myself to see a female who looked to barely be out of her teens walking towards us with a group of other girls.

"Jinx? What's going on?" I asked as I pulled him to a halt, ignoring the shout that suddenly came from ahead of us.

"Nooo, she's seen me! I'm not ready to deal with this again!" He wailed out, his body sagging as he tried weakly to pull away from me. Always the drama queen... How did I end up with this boy again? Oh yeah, I fell in love.

"Who the heck is this 'she' and why should I care?" I sighed out, wondering what kind of mess I would have to deal with now.

"She's the girl who-"

"Jinx! Oh god, it's really you! Have you changed your mind yet? Were you out here looking for me?" She shouted, barely holding back from simply screaming her words out, before noticing me beside him. "Oh, is this your manager or something? Was she helping you look? Hey, he found me now. You can go back to the club and do manager stuff, I've got this!"

With that, the little brat- err, the female reached out her hand and tried to pull Jinx's arm from my grip. Taking a step back and pulling him away from her touch, I shifted to place myself between them, a frown appearing on my face as I looked down at the chattering fool.

"I'm sorry. I think there has been a misunderstanding somewhere. You see, although I am his manager, I'm also his girlfriend. And you, Miss whatever your name is, are interrupting our date. So please, do scamper off and find yourself some other person to stalk. Because if I see you anywhere around Jinx again, I will be filing a restraining order against you. Understood?" I had never been more happy to have worn heels today, allowing me to truly tower over the shorter female as she stammered for a few minutes before huffing and stomping away.

"He wasn't that good of a musician anyhow! Who'll even remember him and his band a few years down the road!" She screamed, her face red as she and her posse hurried across the street to get away.

"Oh, I don't know about that. I mean, we did just sign a record deal," I hummed as I smirked to myself before turning to Jinx. "I told you about that, right?"