FIVE/ highly unpredictable

✧༺♡༻✧

Loveland was marketed as a place where lonely hearts were made happy again. Hostess clubs were a novelty, a whole other world that I never imagined walking in to. In the beginning, I thought that they were strange, but after my first few shifts there, I changed my mind. There was undoubtedly an appeal in being able to pay someone who in return had spend time with you, listen to your problems and try their best to make you smile. A lot of people did that because they didn't have anyone else in their lives. The hosts and hostess' affection was bought and far from real, but it was better than nothing. 

At least that was how things were in the majority of cases. Hwasa knitted some real friendships and bonds with a few of the costumers, but every now and then, it happened that one of them took it too far. Fantasy became reality in their eyes and the fake adoration turned in to an obsession.

Garin had a costumer like that. He was a salaryman who used to visit the Loveland club every night until she disappeared. He spent hundreds and thousands of won to buy her company, took out a few loans and got in to some serious debt. I didn't realise how bad his obsession with my sister actually was, until he managed to get me on my own in one of the private rooms of the club. That was when a shadow fell over his eyes and his lovestruck smile got replaced by an enraged frown. He grabbed my arms and started screaming in my face. '' I got in to debt over you! You promised me that you love me! How could you disappear for two weeks and forget about me?! ''