SEVENTEEN/ daily anguish

✧༺♡༻✧

Jungkook took a step and almost collapsed on the ground right away. I quickly jumped forward and tried to catch him in my arms. He leaned against my shoulders and started gasping for air. His muscles were twitching, his eyes were wide and he was clearly in pain, but he purposely tried to smile and hide it from me.

I felt like crying while looking at his leg. A good part of his body was covered in wounds and bruises, but the state of his leg was the worst. It was wrapped up in bandages and he couldn't even move it without feeling any pain. I reached Yoongi's apartment just when him and Jungkook were in the middle of talking about how long it'll take for him to recover. The older boy didn't want to say it out loud, but the expression in his eyes was still clear enough.

Don't get your hopes up.

Baseball bats smashed the bones in his leg and it was difficult to say how long it would take before he would be able to play soccer again. His chance to accept the offer to go train professionally in Busan just disappeared and I could tell that Jungkook was sad about it. He told me that he didn't want to go, but it was mostly because he was scared of leaving home and because he wanted to rebel against his dad. Deep inside, he loved soccer and becoming a professional player was his dream. He didn't even realise the importance of it until he lost it.

'' That's enough walking for today, '' Yoongi spoke up and let out a sigh. He was leaning against the wall by the door and his arms were crossed on his chest. An unlit cigarette was hanging between his lips and I noticed the way he was frantically tapping his foot against the ground. If it would be his choice, Jungkook certainly wouldn't be getting up from his bed any time soon, let alone trying to walk. '' You can try to use your leg again tomorrow. Jimin said that he's bringing a doctor here anyway and he'll be able to answer your questions about your situation. ''

He took Jungkook from my arms and shot a glare in my direction. '' Did you come here for any other reason besides supporting Jungkook in to doing things that hurt him? ''

'' She's just trying to be a good friend, '' Jungkook said and glanced at Yoongi. '' Stop being so hard on her. ''

I nervously smiled and pointed at the box that I left on Jungkook's nightstand earlier. '' I brought cake from the café where Jimin works and I am ready for the date that I promised you. You know, before all of this happened and you ended up in the hospital. ''