TWELVE/ unidentified enemy

✧༺♡༻✧

'' To be honest, half of the reason why I even came back to Seoul are this place's black bean noodles. ''

'' Let me guess, the other half is that homemade soju brewery on the edge of Shinpo? ''

Steam was rising from giant pots and pans and fogging up the plastic walls of the tent restaurant and the air was filled with the delicious scent of black bean noodles. My gaze was wandering left and right from Hwasa to Jinyoung and I was trying to follow their conversation and figure out what was their relationship even about. At first glance, it didn't seem like they were all that friendly, but after watching them more carefully, I realised that their bickering sounded an awful lot like the one of a group of students that were sitting behind our table and arguing about the all-nighter that they were pulling to study for an exam.

Hwasa and Jinyoung were both shovelling black bean noodles in their mouths and looking up from their plates only to glare at each other and mumble something passive aggressive. At one point they even simultaneously turned around and began yelling at the desperate students who were trying to postpone studying for as long as possible.

I licked my chopsticks and thoughtfully muttered: '' So, are you two friends or not? I've been trying to figure that out for the past half an hour, but I still have no idea. ''

Hwasa looked disgusted, while Jinyoung tilted his head back and burst in to laughter. Hearing that made her scowl, kick him under the table and hiss: '' Him and I? Never. I'd rather become friends with you, Garin. ''

I frowned, while Jinyoung grabbed his now hurt leg and pouted his lips, purposely trying to act innocent. He tauntingly raised his eyebrows and asked her: '' You're still salty over what happened five years ago? ''

'' Still salty? '' she lowly repeated before she raised her foot and delivered a second strong kick at his leg. She jumped on her feet and started smacking him with her chopsticks. The only reason why she stopped was because of the glare that she received from the tent restaurant owner.

She huffed, sat down again and seriously explained: '' Jinyoung is the reason why I got kicked out of home when I was seventeen. He started his information dealer career by destroying my life. He likes to act as if it's not a big deal, but he's lucky that I didn't start my murderer career by ending his life too. ''