TEN/ kind of confidential

✧༺♡༻✧

It was the beginning of the week, so Loveland was half empty and everyone was looking for different ways to make time pass faster. I was standing by the bar with Jongin, tapping my foot against the ground and waiting for Baekhyun to clock in to work, so that we could go train. The barman was trying to create a recipe for a new cocktail and he was urging me to taste test the drinks for him, but I was persistently denying his requests. Instead of looking for somebody else, he took that as an excuse to do it himself and get drunk at work.

My lips formed a pout and I raised my gaze from my phone. Hwasa was free that day and Sugar wasn't responding to my messages either. '' Where is Baekhyun? What is he doing? What kind of life does he even have outside of work? I always thought that he was one of those people who don't have anything besides their job. No interests, no hobbies, nothing besides beating people who piss him off. Why is he late? ''

Jongin smirked in amusement and asked: '' Are you trying to use this as a chance to snoop in to his personal life? Smart move. I am the perfect guy for that. ''

He patted one of the bar stools and I reluctantly sat down. He started telling me about how Baekhyun and him knew each other ever since high school. Back then they were both a little short on money, but they had completely different techniques for earning extra pocket change. Jongin did it through dancing on the street, much like Yerim, while Baekhyun opted for fighting. Rumours and stories about the deadly combination of his strength and bad temper, spread like wildfire and despite his young age, everyone in Shinpo already wanted to defeat him. 

Jongin dramatically waved his hands through the air and his eyes shined in amazement. '' One time I saw him pull out a street sign and beat someone with it. Can you believe that? ''

I furrowed my brow and seriously muttered: '' But what made him turn out this way? It's not possible that he's always been like that. Something had to shatter the natural order of his life and send him down a dark path. '' 

Jongin's smile slightly lowered, then it grew wide again and he let out an amused laugh. I frowned and tilted my head to the side in confusion. He seemed to find it funny how I wanted to know what was Baekhyun's true nature. He was about to say something, when the sudden sound of screaming made both of us turn our heads and listen.