Chapter 2: Why am I Still Alive

3 days after Ruby was saved by 3 strangers in Black Clothing.

Ruby's POV

DREAM

Pain. Loneliness. Hopelessness. Loveless. Those were all the things that were always on my mind. Those were the only things I've felt. Not even Pyrrha, Noran Ren or the teachers can help me. I've been hurt too many times. All because I'm younger.

???: Ruby.

I looked around but saw nothing.

???: I'll be here.

I continued to look around but I saw no one.

???: I'll always be there for you.

I looked around but I saw no one.

"W-Who are you?"

???: I'll see you soon Ruby.

Then it suddenly goes silent. I looked down as tears fell. Just like everyone else. He left me.

DREAM ENDS

I felt a beam of light shine off of my face. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was in the hospital. I looked around and I saw Pyrha, Nora, Coco, and 3 different strangers in armor.

Pyrrha: I'm so glad you're okay Ruby.

I looked down as tears slowly came down.

Nora: Ruby. What's wrong?

"W-W-Why c-c-can't I just die!" I yelled at them.

I bawled my eyes out as I sat there. Tears of pain, hopelessness all came down as I sat there crying. I didn't want to be here anymore. I wanted to die. That is all I wanted.

BOOM

I hear the door open and I looked. It was head master Ozpin and Goodwitch. They all walked in as my friends left the room. Leaving me with the teachers and the 3 strangers.

"W-W-Who are you."

???: We were the ones that saved you.

Ozpin: Hello Ruby. How are you feeling?

"Lonely. In pain."

Ozpin: At least you're still alive.

"For what! To be put down like a dog! To be broken more than I already am!" I said as tears came down.

Goodwitch: Ms. Rose. We're just glad that you're still alive.

I started to cry as years of pain and abandonment flashed through my mind. Yang beating me up. Tai kicking me. Raven and Qrow cutting across my skin. Blake, Weiss, and Jaune yelling at me. As I cried I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I slowly looked up and I saw 3 people in armor that were standing in between me and the teachers.