Chapter 15 : A Promise Made

Y/N's POV 

Dream 

I looked around and saw that I was standing on top of a cliff as roses were flying with the wind. 

"Where am I?" 

I heard nothing but the whistle of the cold breeze blowing through the trees as roses flew with the wind. Suddenly I saw a figure standing at the edge of the cliff. Out of curiosity, I started walking towards the figure. As I took a step closer, I saw the figure having a white cloak and a scythe in their hand. I continued to walk closer and closer until I heard the figure speak. 

???: Y/N. 

The figure slowly turned around as my eyes widen. 

"S-Summer?" 

"S-Summer?" 

Summer: Hello Y/N. 

"W-W-Why are you here?" 
I asked as I looked down, remembering what happened. 

Summer: Why are you crying?
She asked as she touched my chin, making me look at her. 

"I-I-It was my fault that you're not here." 
I said, feeling ashamed. 

Summer: What happened then was not your fault. 
She told me. 

"But you have a daughter! I have no one!" 
I told her. 

Summer: But because of you. Ruby is finally happy. 
She said to me with a smile. 

"B-B-But. I-I-I'm a mercenary. I take people's lives for money. Your daughter should have someone else!" 
I yelled at her. 

Summer: Why? Why someone else and not you? 
She asked. 

"Me? I'm just a mercenary that happened to save her!" 
I told her. 

Summer: But Ruby is now happy. 
She told me. 

"All because you died protecting me!" 
I told her. 

Summer: Because you were a little boy when I found you. 
She said as she placed her hand in my hair. 

Summer: I'm glad I did. 
She said with a smile. 

Summer: Without you, Ruby wouldn't be here right now. 
She said with a smile. 

Summer: No matter what happened then, I'm glad you're still here. 
She said as she brought me into a hug. 

I couldn't help but feel ashamed. Ashamed knowing that I'm the one that lived and Summer the one that died. Died, protecting me from the grimm. The grimm that surrounded and invaded my home village. 

Summer: No need to cry Y/N. 
She said as she looked at me. 

Summer: Look. 
She said as Ruby formed behind her. 

Summer: Ruby is happy now. She's happy knowing that someone out there cares for her. That cares for her more than a friend. A person that loves her for who she is. 
She said as she placed her hands on my shoulder. 

I looked and saw tears slowly streaming down her cheeks as well. 

Summer: If I was the one that survived and not you. Where would Ruby be? 
She asked me. 

Summer: How would you think your parents would react if you were the one that died instead of me? 
She asked me. 

Summer: Without, Ruby wouldn't have been able to reconnect with her auntie. 
She told me. 

Summer: So please. Y/N. Death's Messenger. Don't be mad at yourself. 
She begged. 

I looked at her with tears as she looked back at me. 

Summer: Okay? 

I couldn't help myself but bring her into a hug as I started sobbing, releasing all the hate on myself. The time when she saved me when I was a child. Seeing her die in front of me as she defended me. While I did nothing I could to save her. And now Ruby is living without her mother while the rest of her family hurts her. 

Summer: Y/N. 

"Y-Y-Yes?" 

Summer: Please take care of Ruby for me. 

"I-I-I will." 

The two of us looked at each other once more as she had her hand on my shoulder. 

Summer: Take care of Ruby. Y/N Rose. 
She said before fading away. 

I looked into the sky as I still thought of her. Her promise. From her protecting me to now. 

"I promise." 

"I'll take care of Ruby." 

Here is chapter 15 of ABUSED BROKEN Rose X Male Reader! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! What do you all think so far? 

What do you all think should happen next?