Chapter 3 The Eve of Melancholy

~Continuation of chapter 2, although chapter three is on its own. But we're still on Misaki's pov;~

"Why do always carry so much of a burden around by also taking care of things that nobody else wants to do? Don't you at least find it annoying?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Although I might find it a bother at times someone has to do these things. And if no one, then why not me, cause if I don't I'll regret it later. And that would be irritating."

"Your way of thinking is just like you. Simple, yet straight to the point. I admire that in someone who sticks for what they say and do in achieving their goal in life."

"So, I guess that means you admire me then right, haha." He asked while blushing.

"Haha, yes, I guess you can say that." I said with a small blush now coloring my cheeks.

As everything started to quite down with only the sounds of our shoes squeaking down the corridor. With both Mahiru and my face secretly flushed with the color red, it was actually a comfortable silence, not awkward at all actually. But that didn't stop us to have a conversation here and there. With the school day ending early for us students to have enough time on finishing our assigned homework and to get ready for the sports festival.  With everything done I was getting ready to go home where I was stopped by Mahiru and his friends.

Koyuki; "Hey Misaki, we're going karaoke wanna join?"

"I like the offer Koyuki, but I have a part-time job today's my shift."

Rysuei; "That's cool. What's your job anyway?"

"Ironically, it's a karaoke club; the one called Beats on third street." ~I don't know how the streets in Japan work either, sorry!~

"That's awesome!" "You lucky duck!" That both Mahiru and Sakuya yelled at the same time.

"Maybe when the timing's right I could introduce you guys to my boss. She's a friendly person who has a passion for music and loves her customers."

Sakuya,  Koyuki, Rysuei, and Mahiru; "It's not a lie?!" "That's really nice, thank you." "That's cool! Thanks for the tip." "Yeah Misaki, thanks for everything."

"No prob guys. See ya later!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four hours later, Third pov;

With Misaki working at her part-time job Club Beats every Tuesdays and Thursdays of a four-hour shift with pay of thirty dollars for two hours. Also with working at her mother's shop helps in paying the medical bills for her mother and financial bills for the house as such. Misaki has had a hard but a satisfying life for herself and those that she loves and cares for.

Working at Club Beats with its great pay also made Misaki have a strong passion for music. Sometimes she sings little songs from her emotions, whether she's sad or angry she'ill sing. It helps calm herself from an emotional breakdown. Especially when her mother calls Misaki her little Song Bird ever since she was a little girl.

While once more visiting her mother in taking Ame back home said their goodbyes and left to eat takeout from a sushi restaurant. A piece of common knowledge in foxes loving fried tofu especially inari sushi.

"I hope you're ready for some inari sushi Ame, I know that foxes like yourself simply-Ame?"

"Ame? Ame, where are you?"

Seeing how Ame (Tsubaki) ran off Misaki grew worried since the house is big and a little animal like Ame could get lost somewhere if not careful. However, in hearing heavy panting from the tailor room Misaki's hurried into the room as fast as she could.

"Ame?!" Screamed Misaki as she'd seen her beloved pet curried into a ball of fur. Checking his temperature and such, Misaki realized that Ame attained a cold. Glad to know that it was nothing too serious but a high fever. Knowing medical procedures for both humans and animals, Misaki spent the next hour taking care of Ame.

However, right before Misaki went to the bathroom to change the water something miraculous happened. A sudden puff and a cloud of smoke had appeared right where Ame rested.

And yet, as the cloud dispersed into the air the fox where he was originally seated was no longer there. But a man cladded into a yukata with red camellia blossoms is what she now saw. For you see, in how Tsubaki decided to transform into his human was because in Misaki's search for Ame (Tsubaki) she cut herself enough to draw blood that she didn't realize until Ame licked her hand. By doing this half of the contract for Tsubaki to become a servamp is completed.

Since Misaki's blood type became the rare AB-negative; a physical trait she developed from her father. While her mother is a blood type O-negative, compatibility with all red blood cells.

"My God," Misaki said in the now quite atmosphere of the surprised expression on her face. Hearing her voice Ame, now Tsubaki opened his eyes.

"Ame, what is-?!" But before she could finish her sentence an almost blinding light surrounded the two where it appeared around Tsubaki's neck and her hand.

"Well then, it seems the contract is now completed. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Not interesting." While Tsubaki was ironically laughing up a storm Misaki grew angry what just happened from who or what her beloved pet had become. And that's when it happened!

"Alright, that's enough! I want answers, and I want them right now Ame, or whoever you are. I know something was fishy about you, despite your odd fur coloring animal possessing two tails is unnatural. It's obvious your not an animal, but you're not human either. So explain!"