Chapter 8 How a liar Seeks the Truth

Misaki's pov;

To say that someone knows what caused the darkness within the heart of a person to make them go insane, hardly owns up to it. Especially towards a witness or someone who knew the victim that experienced it to say something like; 'I may not know what you're going through, but I'll always be there for you.' Or otherwise, 'everything will get better in time, just wake up with a smile for the new day' is nothing but a lair.

And someone who I know really can't stand people who lie. I can't either unless it's for the protection of others. But I never thought that this green-haired male highschooler had undergone both tragedies before and after turning into a vampire.

It's tragic really.

Before meeting Ame (Tsubaki), and knowing that one of the people that I go to school with turned out to be a vampire was a great surprise. But after knowing how Sakuya became what he is today, it made me feel awful. It wasn't any kind of pity that I felt for him. But, grief and sadness since I know how it feels to lose someone you love. And yet, I felt hatred for his parents. The 'Lairs' I called them along with calling the place he grew up in the 'Town of Lairs.'

Knowing about life from how a person can go through so much and do inhuman things for the selfish needs for more or power, makes the world riot like an apple from the inside out. How I wish people like that would just go away.

Anyway, here on a rooftop, in an abandoned alleyway is where Ame, Otogirir, and I are seated since its time for Mahiru to meet the real Sakuya Watanuki. Although, things look like they're getting out of hand here. First, there's All of Love of Lust with his Eve that came into the scene. However, with Mahiru's emotions running amok, Sloth's now gone mental. For if an Eve ever becomes afraid of their vampire and their powers they'll go berserk and that servamp will literally devour their master up whole. I can't say that I don't blame Mahiru, knowing that the best friend that you thought you knew your entire life was something that you would never think it would become your living nightmare. Or in this case, a living vampire that you must have a choice of not hesitating. Whether its to kill or not kill.

To be, or not to be, that is the question like in Shakespeare. But let's not forget that it looks like another Servamp has now come into the playing field, that slimy serpent. Who's also has an Eve that's a lair to his own little brother.

"Well, in your words Otogiri, this is a problem. We better make tracks, before we're caught since the big finale hasn't started yet. And it already looks like Ame knows that now's not the time either."

While Otogiri got Belkai away since he's still in a blank stated slate from Lust's attack, I summoned my second lead, the book I have gotten from the Inner Tsubaki. Writing the words, solar flare the moment when Sakuya gave the wristband back to Mahiru in blinding the others so we could make our escape helped at our advantage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still Misaki's Pov;

Back at Tsubaki's place to make it seem less conspicuous if we were at mine, we all decided on what our next plan of action should be. However, I decided that we should take a break for the time being.

All; "A break?"

"That's correct. It's obvious that Sakuya should have some personal time to himself after what happened today. Not to mention that Belkai hasn't gained his sanity yet. Remember what Lust said, his power destroys the mind, not the body. So it's natural that he should also have time to recuperate at the moment."

Ame; "My little Eve is right, we should have a break before we go off with a big BANG with the festival coming up soon. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Not interesting at all."

"So I suppose when you say a big bang, you're not just talking about fireworks are you? Nevertheless, try to be careful, all of you. If it's one thing I can't stand, it's having my family injured."

And so, Sakuya decided to wipe everyone's memories about himself as a way to further his distance of them. However, the only ones who he didn't erase were mine and Mahiru's. And so, I went off to school acting completely naive of what's going on around us people. For there's another battle going on ahead. But for now, we're all having a nice little r&r.

<Time Skip>

On the day of the School Festival Sakuya decided to go to the festival in finding maybe a little bit of closure is what I like to think. And even though I knew Mahiru for a limited time, it's obvious he's not going go to give up on a friend, especially someone like Sakuya. So I stuck towards the shadows as Mahiru tried to show the little vampire that they're still friends. However, his loyalty to Tsubaki is great since he's the only one who reached out to him. But I witnessed tears of joy within both their eyes as they laughed with a smile upon their faces. It makes me happy that Sakuya doesn't have to feel lonely anymore.

So when I found Mahiru looking up into the sky, claiming that I was taking a breather from the festivities I suggested that we return to the school and have some fun.