Anchors

{Silver's POV}

I woke up screaming from familiar nightmares, and Emilia and Matei ran in, their eyes glowing yellow.

They saw me, shaking, shuddering, and sobbing, curled up in a ball, and rocking back and forth. "Silver."

Matei said, and I looked up, as my eyes glowed yellow. "I should've never been born." I whispered, as I rocked back and forth on the bed, my veins spreading. "Silver please."

Matei said, and Emilia backed up, fast, and out of the room, leaving Matei alone with me.

"What did I say yesterday?" He asked and I looked at my hands, which were shaking from the nightmare.

"Focus on... Focus on your voice." I said quietly, stuttering over words from the fear that was still affecting me. "Or what if that doesn't work?"

Matei asked and I looked at him.

"Find an anchor."

I said quietly, and he looked at me, and nodded. "Exactly. Are you okay now?"

He asked and I looked at him and nodded. "You did it again." I said quietly and he looked at me.

"Did what again?" He asked, evidently confused at my statement. "You calm me down Covaci."

"The last time who could do it, was my twin brother Rhydian Morris." And he looked at me, his hand lying almost casually, on top of one of mine.

"So... I'm your anchor?"

Matei asked, and I looked at him, and nodded slightly. "I guess so." I said and he looked at me.

"I guess I'll do this then."

And he turned my hand over, and I felt his thumb, going in a continuous circle, on the back of my hand.

I leaned my head on his shoulder, as his thumb continued with the circle, the motion, only eventually soothing me back into sleep.

I woke up at 10am, and saw Matei lying beside me, asleep, his mouth open wide as he snored.

I looked at him, and saw that like everyone always says, people do look a lot younger when they're asleep.

I would've guessed Matei's age as 15, from what he looks like when he was asleep. "Hey."

He murmured, and I looked at him.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked quietly, as his thumb started the circular motion again.

"Long enough to know that it's..."

And he looked over at the alarm clock and shouted loudly with surprise. "10:05?!" He shouted and Emilia grumbled as she walked in.

"There's no need to shout, my big brother, there's no school today." And Matei smiled at those words, and his face brightened almost immediately, immensely.

I looked at him and he looked at me.

"Kafe." I said and he looked at me, and nodded. "10 minutes?" He asked.

"5." I said. "Done." He said, and grabbed his clothes, walking out of the room.

I borrowed a leather jacket from Matei's closet, a pair of jeans from his foster mother that barely fit me.

A belt to keep the jeans up, from his foster father, and a button up shirt from Emilia.

I walked outside, and found him, and Emilia waiting for me. "Well someone adjusts fast."

Emilia said and I looked at her.

"Is that a compliment?"

I asked, and she laughed, as we walked down the street, and met TJ and Jana, on our way to the Kafe.