Official

{Silver's POV}

Selina had called me, and told me to meet her at the Den as soon as I could, since I wasn't answering calls.

From just about anyone else at the moment, other then Jana, Imara, and the occasional calls, from both TJ and Rhydian or both at once.

I walked into the Den, and found both Matei and Emilia, sitting in the corner with TJ, and Selina was standing up in the same corner.

"So what's the big emergency?" I asked coldly, my voice directed at Selina and only Selina.

"We're making it official."

And I looked at Selina.

"For Jana." I said and she nodded.

"And we also found someone waiting outside for you." And I smiled slightly, for the first time in weeks.

"Hey Rhydian." I said, and he hugged me. "Anyways. Maddy's waiting in the woods, but I'll be close from now on."

He said, as I looked at him, my eyes flashing with happiness and laughter. "I'll see you in a week." He said, and I looked at him, and he nodded slightly.

He moved past me.

He dragged Matei into the opposite corner, not too gently either, by his wrist into the corner.

"You hurt her again, I'll kill you."

And he dropped Matei, and walked out of the Den, with a nod to Selina and Emilia each. Jana walked in.

"So... What's the big emergency?"

She asked, as I crouched with Emilia, Selina, Matei and TJ, as soon as she walked into the Den. "Okay then."

She said, and crouched facing us.

I felt my wolf taking over, and I howled, then yipped with what could only be described as pure joy.

I felt someone's nose in my side and I looked to see Matei standing there, in his big, brown wolf form.

That was now as familiar to us as his human form was. I walked outside as a human and he followed me, shifting back, and standing up next to me.

"If you're here to say you missed me, it'll be a huge understatement." I said quietly, and he looked at me.

"Silver... I'm sorry. But you never told me why you were so scared of it." He said, and I looked at him.

"When the daughter of an Elder Tracker is born, the mum has one minute to name her baby."

"If the baby isn't named by then, the alpha chooses the name and how to punish the baby for it."

And Matei looked at me. "But what does the baby have to do with it?" He asked and I looked at him.

"Alric named me after our greatest fear. He also chose the punishment of letting me get... chained up, every full moon in the middle of the pack camp. Until I shifted for the first time, so the guys could have some fun time still after the moon rises. I changed, when I was only six years old, and then the torture stopped, and so did the chains, but the emotional scarring never did."

I said, and he looked at me.

"Silver I..." And I looked at him, my look stopping him completely. "You didn't know. I should've told you."

I said, and his eyes were shining with what looked like pain for me, as well as fury at himself for not knowing.

"I should've known before."