The Human Liar

{Silver's POV}

I was sitting in the Kafe, sketching in my book, and moving gingerly, still sore from the cut on my ribs.

I looked up, and smiled, pulling out my earphones, seeing Matei, Emilia, and TJ standing there with Selina.

I moved over, and Matei slid into the booth next to me, and Emilia, Selina, and TJ sat across from us. Jana got us all lattes, except for me, and I got a pineapple smoothie. "Perfect amounts of pineapple Katrina!" I called, and she smiled at me, her face shining with delight, from the praise that she didn't get nearly often enough.

"Thanks Silver." She called back, just as she took the next customer's order.

"What's with all this happiness?"

TJ asked, and I looked at him.

"Am I not allowed, to be happy once and a while Terrence?" I asked, and he growled at me.

"She's always happy when Covaci's around anyways." Natalie said and slapped my hand and the smoothie splashed all over me. "Which one?"

One of her friends asked.

"I mean come on. Which would you rather be happy around?" And I stood up, and pushed her.

"Stop trash talking you bitch. Don't you ever get tired of it?" And she laughed. "You're ready to fight?"

And I looked at her. "Try me. Insult my friends again, and you'll really see me angry, and all too ready to fight."

I said coldly, and she looked at me.

"Fight me. Outside now."

She said, and I looked at her. "Aren't you used to all the special gear? I'm the street fighter. Try me."

And she took a sudden swing at me.

I ducked, and let her roll right over my shoulder from her momentum, and she landed with a loud crunch, onto the floor of the Kafe. She was crying as I sat next to Matei again.

"Well someone's even more of a badass now." Selina said, and I looked at her, my shoulders shrugging at her words.

"But I still could never do what you can all the time. All the competitions. It would have me veining up like this. Constantly." I said, and saw my hands, were shaking and veining up.

Matei looked around quickly, and grabbed my hand, and the veins began to disappear. "Thanks."

I said quietly, and flipped open my sketchbook again, once I had calmed down, and controlled my wolf again.

Matei looked over my shoulder.

"That is amazing." He said, and I looked at him, and shrugged.

"I've got better ones." I said quietly, and he looked at me, his face shocked at my reaction to the praise.

"Look at this."

He said, and shoved it, towards the other half of the pack. I sighed as they saw the sketches of us all as wolves.

"Not here." Jana hissed under her breath, bringing me another smoothie, after the other one, had somehow, ended up all over me.

Also bringing the rest of us back to reality. I took my sketchbook back from the pack, and shut it with a snap. "I'll be back in a second."

TJ said, and I looked at him, as he walked over to a human girl.

"Uh oh."

I said, and he started talking to her shameless, completely oblivious to anything else around him.