Chapter 3

Miranda and I headed downstairs to find both of my parents on the couch on their phones. I took a deep breath.

"Here goes nothing" I thought.

I walked towards them. Both looked up from their phones and smiled at me. "Sup kiddo?" my dad asked. I said as fast as I could,

"CANIPLEASESPENDTHENIGHTOVERATMIRANDASPLACE?"

This came out more as demanding instead of asking. Miranda just face palmed. Physically and I'm betting mentally as well. Both of my parents laughed. "What?!" I asked, obviously embarrassed. As soon as they calmed down my dad said, "Sure honey." My stepmom was about to protest but seeing my dad's glare, she kept silent.

I couldn't believe it.

I must've had a shocked look on my face because my dad then asked me "What's with the face?" I mentally slapped myself.

"It's just that I never gone over to someone's house much less spend the night there as well" I mumbled.

"Well your mom and I thought it was time we started treating you like a teen" he explained.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

I turned to Miranda.

She was smiling.

But not in a way I was comfortable in...

My thoughts were interrupted by stepmom who then told me to get ready. I ran upstairs and packed my things and ran back down in ten seconds flat.

~Time-skip~

I was standing in front of Miranda's house. I gotta admit. She has a beautiful house.

(Picture on the top btw)

"Ready?" Miranda asked.

I took a deep breath in.

"Let's do this!" I said enthusiastically.

She opened the door only to find a dog tackle on top of me.