Chapter 8

I started crying after she screamed. I don't know why. Maybe out of embarrassment? Anger? Hurt?

She soon realized this and quickly gave me a hug. "I'm so sorry Grace! I didn't mean to overreact!" She said in a soothing voice.

I heard footsteps coming over to us. I looked up to see Anna, Nadia and Zoe staring down at me and Ella.

"What's wrong Grace?" I heard Zoe say.

Ella explained what was happening. I dared not to look up. I felt guilty. I shouldn't be feeling guilty...right? When I was through, they formed a group hug around me telling me it'll be ok.

"Why can't you tell anyone about this?" Anna asked.

"B-Because...Miranda said s-she'll make...m-my life a-a...living...hell if I-I...did. She lives n-near...me so...I d-don't...really...have...a-a...choice." I managed to mumble out.

She gives me a 'Oh' expression.

"What are you gonna do Grace?" Anna asked.

"I'm...just...gonna trying...to avoid...her...right now..." I whispered.

"I'LL FUCKING KICK HER ASS!!!" Ella shouted.

"Calm down Ella. No need to act like Katsuki right now. We'll figure something out." Nadia said calmly.

"EASY FOR YOU TO FUCKING SAY! GRACE IS GROWING MORE AFRAID BY THAT NO GOOD BACKSTABBING MOTHERFUCKING BITCH BECAUSE SHE RAPED AND THREATENED HER!!!!!!" Ella retorted back.

Soon, an argument broke out so me, Anna, and Zoe just slowly walked away from it. We sat against the wall in silence.

"They're really going at it huh Anna?" Zoe asked breaking the silence.

"You know, Ella does really remind me of Bakugou." Anna said with a smile on her face.

"Yeah and Nadia is exactly like Todoroki. What do you think Grace?" asked Zoe.

I just stared at them. Not wanting to talk. Fear rose up again in me. Along with many questions.

What if she finds out I told people about what she did?
What will happen then? Or worse...
What if... what if she does it again?!

"Hey, it'll be ok. As long as you just stay away from Miranda, you'll be good." Anna said reassuringly as if she knew what I was thinking. I just nodded, hoping she was right.

Soon the bell rang and we all headed inside.

I really do hope Anna's right.

~After School~

I had to stay after school today for a choir rehearsal when I suddenly hear "GRACE!"

I turned around and smiled for the first time that day. It was just Janae. She came running towards me and gave me a massive hug.

"I heard what happened between you and.......her...... Is it true?" she asked.

I nodded.

She sighed.

"Let's try to forget about her. Come on, let's get to rehearsal." She said.

She took my had and we strode off to the choir room. She knew singing always cheered me up.

And it did.

While singing, it's like I totally slip out of reality and into a different world.

My own world.

A world without HER. A happy place. A place where no pain or guilt is allowed. It's just me and my voice.

Soon after, I headed back home.

Weeks went by. I rarely went outside anymore. I was afraid to bump into her accidentally, so I usually stayed home. About two weeks after my friends found out, one Saturday wintery afternoon, I hear a knock at the entrance door.

My parents opened it.

"Grace! It's for you!" I heard my dad say.

"Coming!" I hollered back.

I ran straight downstairs and gasped. I didn't move because right there standing at my door way was HER.

Miranda Vermon.