Chapter 14

Soon we flew back to our house. I was pouring tears while saying goodbye to my mom. She told me I'd see her again, but that didn't make it any better.

Before I knew it, it was the day of the 7th grade basketball tournament. I quickly got up and got ready for my day with her.

I ran downstairs and started making myself some oatmeal to help fuel me. I took one spoon and then spat it back out.

"Note to self, never eat oatmeal ever again." I said to myself.

I was just about to grab my bag when there was a sudden knock at the door. I opened it to find my coach standing in front of me.

"Are you rea-"

"Just a minute coach!" I interrupted.

I ran upstairs to my bedroom and quickly grabbed my black basketball bag with my extra basketball uniform, my sweater, three bottles of water (I'm gonna need it), a $20 bill and my tablet.

We headed outside and I hoped into their car. I was met face-to-face with the girl that I dreaded to see.

"Can we listen to music on your tablet?" she pleaded.

"Sure," I sighed.

This was gonna be a long drive.

🚙💨 ~Three hours later~ 🚙💨

We finally arrived at the place where the tournament was taking place. To our coach and my team's surprise, the tournament wasn't happening.

"Sorry but you guys don't play till next weekend." the referee explained.

I heard some of the girls groan. I however, was thrilled!

{This is great! I'm so happy that I don't have to spend the day with this motherf-}

"Hey Grace, your dad said you could spend the rest of the day with us since your brother has a tee ball tournament. Isn't that exciting?" Miranda exclaimed.

She ran off to talk to someone else and I just stood there in shock.

Shit.

🚙💨 ~Three More Hours Later~ 🚙💨

We finally were back at Miranda's place. We all headed into the dining room to plan what to get for lunch. After about 15 minutes of arguing, I heard co- I mean Diana say,

"I'll go get us some McDonalds," And with that, she headed out the door.

While she was out getting lunch, me, Miranda, and her brothers were all playing upstairs in the loft on their Wii U.

"I'm so gonna beat you at Mario Kart!" Henry exclaimed.

"Oh it's on!" Miranda has shouted.

Before I knew it, Miranda was dancing around and gloating that she had won. I gotta be honest, when she's like this, she's way more fun to hang around with.

"I'm back!" Diana shouted.

We all ran downstairs to get our meals. As I was scarfing down my burger, I felt a pair of eyes on me.

*Miranda's watching me again*

I mentally groaned and tried to eat faster. When I was finally finished, I told everyone I was heading upstairs. Without a reply, I just ran up to the loft and sat on the couch.