The Cord

"But Percy...Why? Why...How could you do this to me? I thought we were friends; brothers, even. Or was that a lie? Was everything we've been through together a lie?!" Nico said, his voice getting louder, but cracking as well in the end. 

"No, Nico. It was all real. But it wasn't. Not for you. Where were you? Where were you after the Giant War? The War of Gaea? Why have you left? Why have you disappeared, never to be seen again? Then, everyone else thought that you abandoned us. That you were a traitor. Thalia, Reyna, The Seven, and I were the only ones who thought you were innocent. Do you know how much we've been through, just to defend your name? We've been laughed at, Thalia was kicked out of the Hunt, Reyna was forced to step down from her position as Rome's leader, as well as Jason. The Hephaestus cabin are turning their backs against Leo; they've started pulling dangerous pranks on him, and he's in the infirmary now, and the Apollo camper are making him their lowest priority. Piper was disowned by Aphrodite, as I quote,'How could you defend him? I thought you were better than that.' by Aphrodite. Frank was lowered from his position as centurion, and Hazel was almost executed. Annabeth's stuff are being taken from her, and her students from sword-fighting class are using her as a target. I was forced to run off as a fugitive along with the rest of us who defended you. Then Hades came along and told us the truth. You did lie to us. You did betray us. You were a spy for Gaea. You knew everything, and so they did, too. We wre almost defeated, Nico. Do you have any idea what you could have done? Why did you do it, Nico? Why did  you make us into the fugitives we were?"

"Were?"

"Yes, were. We are now Hades' warriors now. Me, The Seven Reyna and Thalia." A different voice rang clear into the cell. Nico almost broke down when he heard the voice. 

"Hazel? No, please..."

"No, brother. I can't do this anymore. You and your impossible promises, like the one when you promised to keep me safe. Am I? No. I was caught in the middle of a war, and you...you...you betrayed us! You betrayed me! Traitor...I'm not doing this anymore. Help me, Father."Nico's eyes widened in realization as the two held hands and chanted a spell so eerie and ancient it made my bones chill to my core. 

"Past, Present and Future, Give me your creature; of Light and Dark, As helpless as fish and as fierce as a shark. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Give me your Dawn, your Noon, and Dusk. Together they hail, loud and clear, through the winds of love and trust. Friday, Weekend, One and Two, Give me your Sunday, chief and lord. May all the three of power combine, cut the string, the cord of life. Wither and die must me and he, for together we are not complete.' A bright light emerged from both the man and the girl's chests, and Nico was flung back into the wall with a loud scream of pain. With a groan, Nico said...

"You will regret this."

Just a heads up, the chant was kind of mostly made up of Keys to the Kingdom Series. The idea was Awesome!