91

When Jimin gets to Taehyung's hotel room the place is a complete mess, and so is Taehyung.

There's candy wrappers and chip bags on the ground, stacks of empty instant ramen sitting in the dresser.

    "Jesus, Tae. It looks like a teenage girl went through a break up in here." Jimin says looking at the trash.

Taehyung ignores him and climbs back onto the bed, grabbing a bag of chips and continuing to eat his emotions away. It wasn't exactly working but the food filled the void somewhat.

    "Are you okay, Taehyung? Yoongi told me what happened." Jimin says clearing a spot on the bed before sitting down.

Taehyung shrugs, chewing slowly and starring ahead with lifeless eyes.

    "I know what he did was wrong, he was so so wrong for what he did, Taehyung. But you can't run away like this, sweetie. You gotta talk to him, even if you're mad as hell." Jimin says patting Taehyung's leg with a small smile.

Taehyung hums and shakes his head before sitting up and grabbing his phone.

I'm not mad. I just don't understand why, I thought he loved me.

    "He does love you, you know he loves you, Tae." Jimin says after reading what he types out.

Taehyung shakes his head and types and again before showing Jimin the screen.

It doesn't feel like it, maybe he much rather be with a woman. A woman that can give him his own children.

    "I don't want to hear that, Tae. You both have been through hell and back to be together, you're not gonna throw away four years over another bump in the road are you?" Jimin asks, he had to convince him to go back to Jungkook.

Taehyung types furiously before turning the phone around.

It's not a bump in the road! He got a woman pregnant! Stop acting like it's my responsibility to step up and try to fix things! It's his fault!

Jimin sighs. "I know, I know it's his fault. It's all his fault and he knows it. I understand if you want to leave him, but at least have a conversation like two adults instead of running away from each other."

Taehyung sighs putting his phone down and shoving another chip in his mouth.

    "Will you go speak to him, sweetie?" Jimin asks tilting his head a little.

Taehyung shrugs, starring ahead again with those emotionless eyes of his.

    "People make mistakes, Tae. And even though this is probably the worst mistake Jungkook could have made, it's a mistake nonetheless. I know the last thing you want to hear is me defending him but, Jungkook is a good guy. He loves you so much, Tae."

Taehyung nods, he knew Jungkook loved him. He just wish he knew why he would cheat on him, drunk or not it was still wrong.

    "Will you talk to him? At least?" Jimin asks.

Taehyung nods again, he should talk to him. They were much older now, running away didn't solve anything then and it won't solve anything now.

    "Okay, you should go get freshened up while I try to straighten the room." Jimin says standing and pulling Taehyung up with him.

Taehyung reluctantly goes to get ready to leave the hotel room, he didn't want to see Jungkook because he knew that he'd instantly forgive him if he saw any type of remorse in his features.

It was so humiliating sitting in front of Jungkook's mother and that girl while Jungkook admitted to cheating on him.

But he knew that no matter how hard he tried, he could never stay away from Jungkook too long.

-

    "We'll let you guys talk. Come on, Jiminie."

Yoongi and Jimin stand and leave the bedroom, shutting the door behind them.

Taehyung sighs looking down at his hands as he stands by the door.

    "Taehyung," Jungkook starts taking a step towards him, only for Taehyung to take a step back. "Alright. I-I, um. I know it probably means nothing to you right now, but I truly am sorry. I don't know what to do to show you how sorry I am, baby. You-You know I love you, and I never wanted to make you doubt that cause I do, I love you with every fiber of my being. You're my everything Tae, I don't think- I can't live without you."

Taehyung keeps his eyes focused away from Jungkook, but he can still hear the pain in his voice.

"Tae, baby. Pl-Please." Jungkook says stepping closer and getting down on his knees. "I swear I won't live one day of the rest of my life without trying to make up for my mistake. I won't live one day without trying to earn your trust. I kn-know. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, and I know you deserve so much better than me, but Tae please. I-I'm begging you, please. Baby, please forgive me. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Taehyung looks at Jungkook with tears already falling from his eyes, his resolve weakening when he sees his fiancé on his knees sobbing for forgiveness.

"I messed up so bad, b-but I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." He continues to ramble on.

Taehyung hesitantly gets down to the same level as Jungkook, putting his hand under his chin to make the other look up at him, which he does.

Taehyung's heart breaks a little for the hundredth time in the past two weeks.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook says again as he looks into Taehyung's eyes.

Taehyung doesn't do anything for a moment, but after the long beat of silence he pulls Jungkook close to him, letting the other burry his face in the crook of his neck.

Jungkook sniffles and holds Taehyung tightly, like if he lets go he'll be gone forever.

Taehyung had already made up his mind that he was going to forgive Jungkook and even though he knew everyone would think he was crazy for taking him back he didn't care.

He pulled away from the embrace and took out his phone and goes to the note that he already typed out before he got here.

Just because I'm forgiving you doesn't mean it's okay.

Jungkook reads the note and relief instantly flows through him.

"I know, baby. I know. It's not okay, it will never be okay." He says looking up at Taehyung. "I promise it won't happen again, never ever in a million years."

Taehyung nods, he believes him and even though it was hard he did trust him.

"I-I~"

Jungkook immediately shushes him. "Don't do that baby, the doctor said not to force yourself."

Taehyung sighs but nods anyway before standing up and pulling Jungkook with him.

He types out another note and shows it to Jungkook.

I love you. Please don't hurt me like this again.

Jungkook shakes his head and wraps his arms around Taehyung who hugs him back.

"Never again, baby. I swear."

———