116

"So it's Junho's baby, not mine?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry, Kook."

Jungkook sighs and crosses his arms. "So I'm not gonna be a father?"

"Not yet, kid." Jaewook says.

"You can stop pretending you're older than me now." Jungkook says rolling his eyes.

Jaewook laughs. "Right, sorry, Hyung."

The doctor approaches the two with a serious expression and they stand up.

"We've done everything we can, her body has been under a lot of stress and it's causing the baby to have issues with blood circulation. We can save the baby but it would result in losing the mother, and we save the mother there's a 90% chance the baby will be stillborn."

Jungkook runs his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Save my sister." Jaewook says without second thought.

"Jae~"

"No, it's not your baby anyway. Save Haeun, please." Jaewook says desperately.

"She's already asked that we save the baby."

Jaewook shakes his head. "N-No, please."

"She asked to speak to Jungkook before we perform the surgery." The doctor says.

Jungkook and Jaewook follow him to Haeun's room where the girl is hooked up to many machines.

"Jungkook." She says weakly when she sees him.

He kneels down by the bed. "I'm here, Haeun."

"Please, Jungkook." The girl starts. "Take care of my baby, a-and raise her like she's your own. Even though she's not. I trust y-you and my brother. Please love her and give her the world. I know you will."

"Haeun, please reconsider." Jaewook says from behind Jungkook. "We can save you, you'll be fine."

"I'll never be the same knowing I let my baby go, Jae. Please understand for me. You're so strong, take care of Daebin and don't give Tae a hard time." Haeun smiles weakly. "I know you'll understand in the future when you meet Jungkook and Tae's baby girl. You'll understand then."

Tears fill Jaewook's eyes and he nods his head. "Okay, Haeunie."

Jungkook swallows hard as tears form in his own eyes.

"I know you'll raise her right, Kook." Haeun says. "Thank you for taking care of my big brother."

Jungkook nods. "You're an amazing person, Haeun."

Haeun smiles. "Thank you."

"It's time to perform the surgery." A doctor appears at the door.

Jungkook gives Haeun's hand one final squeeze. "Goodbye."

Haeun's smile cracks and tears fall from her eyes. "Goodbye."

Jaewook comes over and presses a kiss to her forehead. "I love you, Hae."

"I love you too, Jae." She says before her bed is wheeled out.

Jaewook starts crying into his hands and Jungkook stands up and pulls the boy into a hug. "It's okay, Jaewook."

Jaewook breaks down crying in Jungkook's arms, he never thought all this would end in him losing his one and only sister.