34

jeongin pov

we have been living here for 2 weeks and only recently finished unpacking. it's not like we had that much stuff it's just that we were too lazy to unpack it.

this morning i woke up at 4am because of a sharp pain in mostly my hips but kind of in my back. i brushed it off as false labor. but then at 7am the pain was much worse. the contractions were still 10 minutes apart though and i figured that i shouldn't worry about it.

at like 8am chan woke up. he got up and showered and then i showered after him. i nearly fell in the shower from a contraction. once i was dressed and ready i was in the kitchen with hani and chan.

at one point i got a contraction, i tried to hide it but it hurt so bad that i couldn't talk through it.

"are you okay?" chan asked me and i shook my head.

"how long have you been in labor?" hani asked me knowing that i was just being stubborn.

"since 4am." i said once the contraction ended.

"how far apart are contractions?" she asked.

"like 6 minutes now. they were 10 minutes apart less than an hour ago." i said.

"that just means you are progressing quickly. you two should go to the hospital soon. it is a 30 minute drive from here." she said.

"i'll go put the bags in the car." chan said and left to go get the bags. we already but the car seats in since we knew they were coming soon. i'm 35 weeks right now and it is july 11th, a week after my due date.

once he put them in the car we waited until another contraction ended and then we quickly went to the car. by the time we were half way to the hospital contractions were 5 minutes apart and getting worse every time.

"it hurts!" i yelled in the middle of one.

"it's okay jeongin..." chan said taking one hand away from the wheel to rub circles on my back.

i researched a lot about male pregnancy and almost all males have a c section. which is why we tried to get to the hospital early, but we are kind of failing. if i don't get a c section there will be a lot of tearing and it will hurt like hell.

"we're here jeongin." chan said and got out of the car. he came back with a few nurses who helped me into a wheelchair. my contractions were now 4 minutes apart and were pretty much unbearable.

"did you want a c section?" one of the nurses asked me and i nodded.

"how far along are you?" another nurse asked.

"35 weeks with twins." i said after a contraction ended.

they took me to a room. they checked me and i was at 6 centimeters. meaning that they didn't have long before they needed to get me into surgery.

"we are going to get you into surgery within the next 20 minutes so for now you can just relax." my nurse told me and i nodded.

"at least we noticed you were in labor." chan said with a smile.

"yeah. it would have been really bad if you hadn't. i wouldn't have been able to get a c section." i said cutting myself off because of another contraction. just from instinct i grabbed chan's hand and squeezed it really hard.

"don't break my hand." he said which made me laugh a little and it took away some of the pain of the contraction.

after about 25 minutes they took me to the operation room. they had already given me the epidural 15 minutes earlier and it was just starting to work now.

they just put a curtain like thing in front of me and chan. it covered up to my shoulders so that i couldn't see them cutting me open. chan got to sit with me through it.

the first baby was born at 10:18am, and they showed her to us before they took her away. then after two more minutes at 10:20am, our other little girl was born. 10 minutes later they were done stitching me up and took me back to my room.

they gave chan and i both of our babies. i had never been happier in my entire life. i don't even know how to describe the feeling. it is just pure happiness and everything you went through before they were born is forgotten and replaced with a new kind of love.

"what will their names be?" a nurse asked.

"this one is going to be bang kyung mi." chan said holding her little hand.

"and this one is bang hyunjae." i said and the nurse smiled.

"those are beautiful names." she said.

"we came up with them 2 weeks ago on the drive here from seoul. we just moved here." chan said.

"i'll leave you two alone with them for a little while. just hit that button if you need anything." she said and left the room.

"i already love them so much." chan said.

"me too." i said.

" i said

on the left is kyung mi, 16 inches, 5 pounds 13 ounces.

on the right is hyunjae, 17 inches, 6 pounds 1 ounce.

-

that was really cute.

and sorry i couldn't find a picture of korean baby girls but none of the pictures were good, so just imagine that the picture is of korean babies, not american/european babies.